FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help Wick!

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isabell Springer
Help Wick!
on Dec 26, 2009 at 2:59:13 pm

Hi Wick. Merry Christmas.

Okay, I need a list of steps on what I need to do to get my M100 software up and working. My HD blew up so I now have that resolved. I had to do a clean install on everything. I have the M100 software disk 8.2. I am running OSX v 10.4.11, my processor is a PowerPc G4 Mac. Can you send me info on what I need to download to get this to work again:-) Your the best. i

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Help Wick!
on Dec 26, 2009 at 6:47:36 pm

You can download the latest version of Media 100 i (V8.2.3a) from the website. And you need your encryption code, which is tied to your system. Install the software, authenticate with the Code and you should be good to go.

Return to posts index

Isabell Springer
More Q's for Floh
on Dec 27, 2009 at 1:37:52 am

Dear Floh,

Thank you for responding. I am now only able to get so far before I get the message that the "m100 system is locked up!"

I downloaded 8.2.3a from your website, then i reinstalled the media 100 software, when I launch the media100 icon i get this error message. Could you give me exact steps again. Like....

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: More Q's for Floh
on Dec 28, 2009 at 8:57:38 am

Try running the Media 100 hardware test application. It should be inside your Media 100 folder. Does it recognize your board correctly?

Return to posts index

Isabell Springer
More Q's for Floh
on Jan 7, 2010 at 12:19:52 am

Okay Gurus oh Holy Ones:

The holidays are behind me and I need to get up and running again.
Floh, I tried everything you suggested, it's not working. I tried running the m-100 test app (8.2.2) and the message reads: "RTC Start Up Error! HOST<->RTC MB Test Failed" also you suggested earlier post to put in my encryption code. 1.) Is that the system-key?, if not where do I find the encryption code? 2.)after I installed 8.2.3a it did not prompt for any code or anything for that matter, but ends up reading: "Could not start the App because the M-100 system is locked up."

HELP ME! :-) Isabell

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jan 7, 2010 at 7:11:50 am

[Isabell Springer] " tried running the m-100 test app (8.2.2) and the message reads: "RTC Start Up Error! HOST<->RTC MB Test Failed""

That sounds like you have a general communication problem with your Media 100 hardware, or that maybe your Media 100 board is damaged. What version of MacOSX and Media 100 are you on right now? Have you tried deinstalling and reinstalling the Media 100 software? Are you running OSX as an Administrator, meaning that you do have the necessary access rights to install and run the software?

[Isabell Springer] "1.) Is that the system-key?"

Yes. If the software would be running correctly it either would ask for it, or if not it already is entered. We can worry about that when we get the system up and running again.

[Isabell Springer] "it did not prompt for any code or anything for that matter, but ends up reading: "Could not start the App because the M-100 system is locked up." "

Do you have a monitor hooked up to the output of the Media 100 system? Does it show anything when either running the hardware test or when trying to launch the Media 100 app? I am not really sure right now where the problem comes from, and I am wondering if there is any sign that the P6000 board is communicating correctly.
One additional thing you could try is to remove the P6000 board from your Mac and put it back in to make sure that it sits correctly in its slot on the motherboard. Btw., what kind of computer are you using?

Return to posts index

Isabell Springer
on Jan 8, 2010 at 4:12:46 am

FLOH, I WILL RESPOND IN CAPS SO YOU CAN DISTINGUISH MY RESPONSES. I AM CONSIDERING A TALL BUILDING AT THIS POINT!

[Isabell Springer] " tried running the m-100 test app (8.2.2) and the message reads: "RTC Start Up Error! HOST<->RTC MB Test Failed""

That sounds like you have a general communication problem with your Media 100 hardware, or that maybe your Media 100 board is damaged.

NICE. HOW DO I DETERMINE THAT?

What version of MacOSX -- 10.4.11

and Media 100 are you on right now?-- 8.2.3a

Have you tried deinstalling and reinstalling the Media 100 software? NO.

Are you running OSX as an Administrator, meaning that you do have the necessary access rights to install and run the software? YES, IT'S MY COMPUTER ONLY. I HAVE THE ORIGINAL M-100 "SAVE THIS CARD" WITH ALL THE SYSTEM KEYS AND SERIAL NUMBER, CONTRACT #, ETC... WHEN I TRY AND LAUNCH THE ICON FROM THE DOCK, I CAN SEE THE START UP MEDIA-100 WINDOW AND I CAN ALSO SEE HOW THE OWNER NAME, CO NAME AND SYSTEM KEY ARE ALL BLANK. THERE WAS NO STEP THAT ASKED FOR THIS INFO. WHAT THE F?

[Isabell Springer] "1.) Is that the system-key?"-- GREAT. I HAVE THAT.

Yes. If the software would be running correctly it either would ask for it,---IT DOESN'T ASK FOR IT!

or if not it already is entered--IT IS NOT, IT'S BLANK.

We can worry about that when we get the system up and running again.--OKAY GREAT. PLEASE MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS. HOW DO I DE-INSTALL? THEN RE-INSTALL? STEPS PLEASE:-)

[Isabell Springer] "it did not prompt for any code or anything for that matter, but ends up reading: "Could not start the App because the M-100 system is locked up." "

Do you have a monitor hooked up to the output of the Media 100 system?--I DONT UNDERSTAND. I HAVE MY FLATSCREEN THAT IS MY MAIN SCREEN AND I ALSO HAVE AN OLD SECOND MONITOR THAT I USE AS A SECOND MONITOR FOR VIEWING BINS, EC...

Does it show anything when either running the hardware test--NO, NOTHING WHEN RUNNING THE TEST, JUST THE ERROR MSG THAT THAT THE SYSTEM IS LOCKED UP.

or when trying to launch the Media 100 app? --JUST THE START UP WINDOW WITH THE FANCY GRAHIP THAT USUALLY HAS THE 3 KEY BITS OF PERSONAL INFO (NAME, CO, SYSTEM KEY)

I am not really sure right now where the problem comes from, and I am wondering if there is any sign that the P6000 board is communicating correctly.--PLS MAKE SOME SUGGESTIONS TO FIGURE THIS OUT? I CAN'T AFFORD PHONE SUPPORT FLOH.

One additional thing you could try is to remove the P6000 board from your Mac and put it back in to make sure that it sits correctly in its slot on the motherboard. --I COULD BUT I DONT KNOW WHICH/WHAT THAT LOOKS LIKE. I CAN EASILY OPEN THE TOWER UP THO...

Btw., what kind of computer are you using? I HAVE A DUAL 1.25 GHZ POWER PC G4.

STANDING BY DOCTOR, WITH SUTURES IN HAND.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:15:59 am

Okay, first thing to to is to find the Media 100 installer for V8.2.3a, either on your system or on the media100.com website. Use it to uninstall Media 100. Then use it again to reinstall the software. Now look if Media 100 starts up.
If this did not work, next thing to try is to delete the Media 100 preferences. Look into YourHomeFolder (under Users)->Library->Preferences. There should be a folder named Media 100. Move that to the trash and try opening the app again.
Then another thing you could try is to look if your Media 100 board is recognized at all by the OS. Open the SystemProfiler application (under Applications->Tools), and look under PCI. Is there something that looks like it could be the P6000 board?
Regarding re-seating your board: the P6000 board is one of the large PCI boards in your system; depending on your configuration it also can be a combination of 2 boards, connected with a overhead cable. It has a huge connector on the backside, so you should be able to locate it easily. Remove the screw, remove the board from the computer and put it back in.

Return to posts index

Isabell Springer
on Jan 9, 2010 at 3:00:12 am

Okay, first thing to to is to find the Media 100 installer for V8.2.3a, either on your system or on the media100.com website. Use it to uninstall Media 100. Then use it again to reinstall the software. Now look if Media 100 starts up.

DID NOT WORK

If this did not work, next thing to try is to delete the Media 100 preferences. Look into YourHomeFolder (under Users)->Library->Preferences. There should be a folder named Media 100. Move that to the trash and try opening the app again.

DID NOT WORK

Then another thing you could try is to look if your Media 100 board is recognized at all by the OS. Open the SystemProfiler application (under Applications->Tools),

I WENT TO APPLICATIONS, THERE IS NOTHING THAT SAYS " TOOLS", WHERE IS TOOLS? NOT IN APPLICATIONS FOLDER. THEN I THOUGHT YOU MEANT TOOLS IN FILE MENU. NOTHING THERE. I DONT GET THIS.

and look under PCI.
WHERE? WHERE IS SOMETHING LOCATED CALLED PCI?

Is there something that looks like it could be the P6000 board?
WHERE FLOH? WHERE AM I LOOKING?

Regarding re-seating your board:

WHAT DOES RE-SEATING MEAN?

the P6000 board is one of the large PCI boards in your system; depending on your configuration it also can be a combination of 2 boards, connected with a overhead cable. It has a huge connector on the backside, so you should be able to locate it easily.

DO YOU MEAN THE MONSTER CABLE FROM THE JUNCTION BOX TO THE BACK OF THE TOWER?

Remove the screw, remove the board from the computer and put it back in.

OKAY, I WILL REMOVE THE BOARDS AND PUT THEM BACK IN. THEN WHAT? RELAUNCH?

I AM SO TIRED......AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH

THANK YOU FLOH FOR TRYING TO HELP, GOT TO KEEP GOING....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]