FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media Missing, Unexpected Quits and the Dreaded PINK in my bins!

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Perkins
Media Missing, Unexpected Quits and the Dreaded PINK in my bins!
on Dec 8, 2009 at 8:43:55 pm

I have the Media 100 1.1.2 Suite. Long time media 100 user and just updated to this new system when I got a new desktop.
Having all kinds of problems. Error - 18004 then error 19004, unexpected quits, searching for media..Media disappearing from programs, the whole 9 yards.
My latest, and as of yet unfixable, problem is that when I open the project that I've been working on my media comes up in the bins the dreaded PINK. No pretty picture, just a pink bkgd.
I've looked for corrupt media in my drives and can find nothing of the like. I have dumped the preferences and everything is up to date as far as drivers go.
Full disclosure...I'm running the trial version as I wanted to make sure that the software was solid before I ponied up $1500
Running... Black Magic Deck Link HD Extreme
Mac OX 10.6.2 Quad Core 2 x 2,66 GHZ with 6 GB of ram

Any help is appreciated, Wickham, Are you out there?
Tell me something Good!

Mike Perkins

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: Media Missing, Unexpected Quits and the Dreaded PINK in my bins!
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:01:28 pm

Yeah, I'm here... but since you posted in the 844/X forum I might be the ONLY one here ;-)

You mention that you've searched for corrupt media and there isn't any. How do you know this? Does the media play OK in QT Player? Is that just the new QT X? Or have you tried it in QT 7* as well? If it's NOT OK, does it play on another Mac with the M100 codecs installed?

What are you using for Media drives?

What Blackmagic drivers are you using?

What if you pull the BM card altogether and run the app as truly software-only?

~Wick

*QT 7 is NOT installed by default on brand new Snow Leopard systems. You must go back to the system install disc(s) and choose it as an option. Once installed, it should show up in your Utilities folder.

Return to posts index

Mike Perkins
on Dec 8, 2009 at 10:10:19 pm

I'm using a Maxtor 1 7200 RPM TB drive for the media right now.
I have the latest Drivers installed for the BM card.
I looked for corrupt media by looking at the files in my media drive. Used to be that the file would show up as greyed over, not look the same as all the others. This may have changed for the new system.
The files that disappear from the programs and the bins I can open up in QT and they play fine. Bring them back in and it works. I have figured out a work around (I think), to at least get this project out, but i can't have these problems all the time.
Any ideas?
Cheers, Mike

Return to posts index

Mike Perkins
on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:40:02 pm

Wick,
Is this a problem that would be solved by moving from the trial version to the purchased version? I have to buy it as all of my projects from the last 5 years are in Media 100. Think that might clear up any hiccups?
mike

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Dec 9, 2009 at 7:24:24 am

Mike,

the full version and the trial are identical, the trial only checks at startup if you are in the trial period. So I heavily doubt that your problems would be fixed with the full version.
It sounds like you have a hardware problem somewhere in the system. Clips turning pink is usually a sign of a corrupted media file.

Try running the disk check of DiskUtility onto your media drives. Do they show up as okay?
What codec and format are you acquiring to your media drives? A single SATA drive is fast enough for SD or maybe compressed HD, but if you try to acquire uncompressed HD you could run into drive performance issues.
Where is your Blackmagic board located within your system? I am not sure where it should be, bt maybe Wick knows that.
Do you have anything else within the system (PCI-cards or unusual USB or FireWire devices)?

Return to posts index

Mike Perkins
on Dec 9, 2009 at 3:24:40 pm

Running Disk Utility checks on the drive shows it as fine. I've brought everything in SD as Quick Time files (Black Magic DV 720).

The BM card is installed in the top port in the back of the computer.
I have unplugged all of the drives except where the media is stored and that one is connected via Fire Wire 800 cables.

When I go back thru the files where the media is I can watch it fine, albeit with no sound.
I was able to find a few clips in the media folders that wouldn't play with QT and were not even recognized.
They were all .mov files but they all had an R at the end of their name, before the file extension. Weird.
Dumped these and I'm still getting the same problem.
Just opening the project takes me here...

Unrecoverable Error.
Error - 19004
Socket - 0
File - MFOD_Cache.C
Line 998
Hardware Rev - 1
Param 1 - 5: $0

And to boot, after I get that error listed above, the media 100 won't even quit, it comes back to me with..."Not enough memory to complete Quit function Error - 1281".
really just need to get 2 more time lines exported into QT files so I can pass it off to the client and dump this project out of my system.

Am I better off buying the software and talking direct to Media 100 after all of this?

Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Dec 9, 2009 at 4:19:52 pm

[Mike Perkins] "Running Disk Utility checks on the drive shows it as fine. I've brought everything in SD as Quick Time files (Black Magic DV 720). "

This could be the reason. I don´t know the BlackMagic DV codec, but maybe it is somewhat similar to the "normal" DV codec so that Media 100 reads the files natively, but different enough to crash the application.

[Mike Perkins] "really just need to get 2 more time lines exported into QT files so I can pass it off to the client and dump this project out of my system.
"

I would suggest creating a new project and opening the timelines you need to export within the new project. Let the system relink the files and look if you can export them. Hopefully this will work.

[Mike Perkins] "Am I better off buying the software and talking direct to Media 100 after all of this? "

Wick is from Media 100; I guess if you call or email Media 100 support they will try to help you even without you buying the software. Buying it won´t hurt, anyway.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]