FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with a raid system

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Valdez
Help with a raid system
on Jul 30, 2009 at 1:59:02 am

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post but here it goes.
I have a Caen Raptor 8hd raid system that I was using with the Media 100/x system. I would like to use this raid system through my router so that I can use my personal computer to access video from the raid unit. I see it has a connection for a network cable so I was thinking I could just plug it in and presto. of course no such luck. I have checked the website for Caen and they no longer have any info. I have emailed them to see if I can get a manual for the unit. *crosses fingers* so anyone with any input. It would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance. Plus, If I am in the wrong forum, could you please point me to the right one. :)
thanks again.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Help with a raid system
on Jul 30, 2009 at 8:05:58 am

I don´t know this specific RAID, but I would guess that the network port is only for configurations. I don´t know a RAID that also has a Ethernet bridge to allow you access to the RAID data over this network port. So I guess you are out of luck there.

Return to posts index

Andy Gallagher
Re: Help with a raid system
on Aug 6, 2009 at 9:49:42 am

Yes, the network port is probably only for configuration.... odds are it's a SCSI RAID, so you'll need to get a SCSI card in your PC/Mac and connect it that way. Once it's connected to a computer though you can share it as you would a normal disk location - this might work for what you need?

-------------------------------

You want it when?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]