FORUMS: list search recent posts

M100 - FCP Export and Sequence Settings

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis Dean
M100 - FCP Export and Sequence Settings
on Apr 17, 2009 at 6:28:15 pm

I regularly create standard definition 720x486 NTSC videos for several of my clients, using a legacy Media 100i system (7.5) in OS9.

(OK-So I'm the last person on the planet doing this.)

Lately I've been taking some of the finished video into Final Cut Pro - but have found a tendency for panning shots to blur. I import to FCP by dropping the Media 100 self-contained export and letting FCP match the sequence setting on its own.

But I'm wondering if that's the best idea - whether I should be exporting differently from M100 (a slow process when I select a different type of QuickTime format) or if I should be setting the sequence manually in FCP - and what it should be?

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.

And thanks!

Dennis

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-
http://www.deangroup.com

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: M100 - FCP Export and Sequence Settings
on Apr 17, 2009 at 8:44:00 pm

Exporting as self-contained sounds good. And FCP should set its sequence settings correctly automatically. Bit if in doubt you could check the sequence settings, they should be set to 720*486, and I think lower field first for NTSC.

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
on Apr 17, 2009 at 8:49:22 pm

That's what's set up - problem must be somewhere else. Maybe interlacing but it doesn't show other symptoms of that. Any other thoughts appreciated.

dd

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Apr 17, 2009 at 9:31:57 pm

Besides a 480/486 mismatch or a field order problem I am not really sure what else could cause this. One thing you should be aware, though, is that your Media 100 quicktimes will show up with lower contrast in FCP.

Return to posts index

Dennis Dean
on Apr 20, 2009 at 12:18:24 pm

I've never understood the 480/486 thing. Seems as though the video from Media 100 is coming out 720x486 - wouldn't FCP match that in the sequence settings when I let it match it on its own?

tnx
DD

Dennis Dean
The Dean Group
-It's about results-

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Apr 20, 2009 at 12:56:48 pm

[Dennis Dean] "I've never understood the 480/486 thing. Seems as though the video from Media 100 is coming out 720x486 - wouldn't FCP match that in the sequence settings when I let it match it on its own? "

It should. But since I work in PAL I am not sure if it actually does it correctly.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]