error messages

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Valdez
error messages
on Jan 17, 2009 at 8:47:25 pm

Information: (-10025) Output timing locked to internal
Warning: (-10010) Invalid SDI timing for input

anyone who can give me some clues or help on why I have them would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: error messages
on Jan 17, 2009 at 9:35:02 pm

"Output timing locked to internal" is nothing to worry about. It's just telling you that you're not using "external genlock" such as a black burst generator or "house sync".

"Invalid SDI timing for input" is only telling you what you already know, that you're not getting video input.

As for the slushing thing you asked about earlier, I can't dig up the details on how to do this right now. I'll try to do it later. However, don't hang too much on that idea 'cause I don't think that's going to do it.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Joe Valdez
on Jan 17, 2009 at 10:41:14 pm

damn, well, here's another question. Do I need a "special" bnc cable for SDI?? just wondering cause I'm using a "regular" bnc... thanks again for the help Wickham.

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Jan 18, 2009 at 2:18:20 am

I doubt that's it either. While the difference between "good" cables and cables that are "good enough" CAN make a difference in certain installations (see this detailed post from Bob Zelin at the AJA Kona forum), using "good enough" cables are very unlikely to cause this problem.

Return to posts index

Joe Valdez
on Jan 18, 2009 at 7:03:47 am

well, I'm at wits end.. hoping someone out there knows how to "slush" the system, cause I really don't know what else to do.. *sigh*

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jan 18, 2009 at 7:39:43 pm

Slushing means loading a new firmware on your hardware board. This would not help anything in your situation.
Did you run the hardware test application? Does it go through?
Do you feed a valid SD SDI (PAL or NTSC) signal to the input? Can you confirm that the SDI signal is actually good (e.g. by routing it to another SDI input, e.g. on a display or on a deck)?
I would guess that you either don´t have a valid SDI source, or that your board might be bad.

Return to posts index

Joe Valdez
on Jan 19, 2009 at 7:46:58 pm

unfortunately, I do not have a way to confirm if I am getting a true SDI Source. Where do I find the hardware test application? I truly hope it's not the board, cause I wouldn't know where to begin to look for a new and wonder how much said board would cost. :) thanks for the input Floh, will try to find that test application and see what happens. Thanks again.

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: rror messages
on Jan 19, 2009 at 7:57:05 pm

I think the test app should be in your Media100 844/X applications folder. Or maybe it is accessible via the systems control panel.

Return to posts index

Joe Valdez
on Jan 19, 2009 at 8:11:08 pm

is that in the diagnostics folder, named 844X Test.exe? if so, I've run it and it says everything is fine. But when I open the 844x, I still get

(-10025) Output timing locked to Internal
(-10010) Invalid SDI timing for input
(-10013) Invalid SDI timing for output

any other tips, would be GREATLY appreciated. :)

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jan 19, 2009 at 8:14:34 pm

[Joe Valdez] "is that in the diagnostics folder, named 844X Test.exe? if so, I've run it and it says everything is fine. "

That´s great news. This most likely means that you don´t get a valid SDI source into the system. I would recommend checking your deck/input device somewhere, or to e.g. rent a cheap deck with SDI out for a short test to see if you get a signal into the system from a source that is known to be okay.
One thing you could check, though, is the big connection cable between the Breakout box and the 844/X boards in the computer. There are small pins, and if they are bent you cannot get any signal into your system. Unscrew the cable and look if all pins are intact.

Return to posts index

Joe Valdez
on Jan 19, 2009 at 8:30:53 pm

Floh, YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!!! sure enough, I checked the cable that connects to the computer and one pin was slightly off. Straightened it, reconnected and my media 100 is FINALLY getting the video signal. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! I can finally get back to work. :)
thanks to Wickham for the input as well. :)

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Jan 19, 2009 at 10:12:33 pm

I'm not sure if this question has been crossed off the list yet...

Have you definitively confirmed that you are, in fact, getting a valid SDI signal out of your converter?

~Wick

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
on Jan 20, 2009 at 6:19:43 pm

Oops! That's what I get for posting directly from a notification email rather than checking in on the actual thread on the Cow website.

Glad to hear your problem is solved.

~Wick

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]