FORUMS: list search recent posts

Jittery Movement

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom Prigge
Jittery Movement
on Jan 14, 2009 at 9:42:41 pm

Problem: Quicktime files exported from Final Cut Pro and brought into a Media 100 844/X timeline causes any movement to be jittery. I'm talking about things moving across the screen, for example, a logo that is full screen and then moves down to a corner. The QT files are made using FCP's current sequence settings.

Is this a Mac vs PC thing? Or something else?

Return to posts index

Wickham Strub
Re: Jittery Movement
on Jan 16, 2009 at 3:18:27 pm

Hi Tom,

Sorry for the delay in this, but it took me a while to clear out the cobwebs in the 844/X part of my brain.

You wrote: "The QT files are made using FCP's current sequence settings."

Your answer likely lies in there. What are those settings? If memory serves correctly, 844/X media is lower field first for NTSC and upper field first for PAL. This is on thing to look at.

Another concern is frame size. 844/X media is 720x486. If you're coming out from FCP at any other frame size with an interlaced image and you do NOT de-interlace before bringing it into 844/X, you will introduce "weirdness" in the image because the interlaced lines of video get "shuffled" around and don't line up where they belong.

I know there's a lot to digest in there. Let me know if you need me to clarify.

~Wick

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Jittery Movement
on Jan 20, 2009 at 7:32:00 pm

If it's just a simple SD movie causing the interlace problems, then there is a button to press on the import screen called "Reverse fields" (off the top of my head - it might be called something slightly different).

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]