FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hey Floh

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Morgan
Hey Floh
on Jun 27, 2008 at 5:49:23 pm

I keep getting "Incompatable Firmware" messages when I try to open 844. I would like to try to slush the cards but I can't figure out how to do it. I have gone back over the posts and found you giving some one links about this but the links are no longer showing up in the post. Can you please help me? Thanks Jack

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
Re: Hey Floh
on Jun 27, 2008 at 5:56:22 pm

Jack,

do that at your own risk. Did you run the hardware test? It sounds like you may have a hardware problem...

HereĀ“s a note about backslushing the hardware. But remember: it is never a good idea to shut down a system while it slushes a board/firmware/whatever.

Backslushing the hardware:
7.) launch diags.
8.) Help>About
9.) Hold down Control-Shift and click the icon in the window 5 times,
10.) hit ok
11.) Shows the dialog for force-slushing,
12.) turn on everything, hit ok.

Return to posts index

Jack Morgan
on Jun 27, 2008 at 6:11:25 pm

Thanks, Floh. yes, some times I can run the test and restart and it'll work but not today. I have done it several times with and with out the array on. It has become quite a pain and give me that error frequently. Would you reccomend I re-install instead of backshlushing? Jack

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

Floh Peters
on Jun 27, 2008 at 6:17:46 pm

If the hardware test does not show any problems, try backslushing/reslushing. I am not sure that it is not a hardware problem, though.
Additionally you could try reseating your boards. Open the box and make sure all PCI boards are firmly in place.

Return to posts index

Jack Morgan
on Jun 27, 2008 at 6:23:04 pm

Thanks, as always, we appreciate you being out there... Jack

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]