FORUMS: list search recent posts

Boris Continuum Complete Open GL

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
M Adams
Boris Continuum Complete Open GL
on Mar 20, 2008 at 5:45:49 pm

Hi to all who are still using 844/X. Had mine since June 2003 and for the most part, it is solid as can be.

I do wonder if anyone out there has been using Boris Continuum Complete 3.0 with 844/X. Most all of the filters work, but I have trouble with some of the light effects. For instance, when adding Lens Flare, a message pops up saying

"filter disabled please click the test opengl hw button in the options for more information."

I do that and I get boris fx errors saying

"a componenet of your system has been detected which is not officially supported by boris fx for opengl renders."

And then it lists the filters I can not use. Has anyone ever run into this and found a solution. I have to go to AE to use those filters. My graphics card is a NVIDIA Quadro4 980 XGL.

Thanks,
Mark

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Boris Continuum Complete Open GL
on Mar 31, 2008 at 11:49:03 am

Hi Mark,

I seem to remember getting around this by activating them in After Effects then copying them over to the 844/X folder. Or did I just copy a shortcut?

I did get it working on one system, so it can be done. I've since changed boxes, and this one doesn't have an OpenGL compatible graphics card, so can't replicate it.

Happy hunting.
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

M Adams
on Apr 1, 2008 at 2:19:17 pm

Hey Ben,

I tried what you have suggested. Creating shortcuts don't show up inside 844/X. When you say "activate" inside ae, could you describe a little more. The plugins work fine ae, but I'm not sure what you mean by "activate".

Thanks for your advice.
Mark

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Apr 2, 2008 at 6:58:28 am

By "Activate" I just meant clicking on the Test Button and enable button. You must have done this if you can work with them in After Effects.

Does it work if you copy/paste the plug-ins into 844/X now?

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]