FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media 100 question...

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Valdez
Media 100 question...
on Feb 1, 2008 at 5:17:46 pm

Does the Media 100 have a "capture input settings" or similar such setting or configuration??? Thanks in advance.

Joe Valdez
SEC Productions

Return to posts index

Andy Gallagher
Re: Media 100 question...
on Mar 12, 2008 at 3:48:06 pm

OK so this answer is probably WAY too late but I thought I might as well post anyway....

Quick answer is, yes it's in Edit->Preferences under the 'Acquire' tab (I think - can't remember the exact names though and I'm not in front of the box right now)

Longer answer is, what are you trying to change? 844x only uses 844x uncompressed codec in QuickTime, so you can't change the codec. Also M100 never released a proper progressive support in 844 so you can't change interlaced/progressive (the options are greyed out in mine). There's only one (RS422) control port, on the breakout, and one (SDI) video input with 8 (AES) audio channels which can be switched on/off in the Acquire window (clip part settings I think). So there are no control options for those.

Hope this is of some use to anyone!

-------------------------------

You want it when?

Return to posts index

Joe Valdez
on Mar 27, 2008 at 7:56:12 pm

well, thanks for the reply. It's that when I try to acquire video through the media100 I get nothing but static. I believe someone mentioned that the video is not in sync. I've tried restarting the computer MANY times and I still get no sync. Don't really know what else to try. at the moment, I am importing my video into media100 but that takes FOREVER and I'd really like to try and find out why I can't capture the video like normal. Any thoughts or ideas on how to fix this are greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Andy Gallagher
on Mar 28, 2008 at 1:51:15 pm

I've literally got 30seconds so here are a couple of ideas... there's an 'input sync' or similar option that should be set to SDI Input. I usually have my output clocked to SDI Input as well - never managed to get the genlock working properly (munged my output picture, but I got more than static). Have you set your PAL/NTSC option properly? Otherwise sounds like a hardware issue, have you tried using the test utility to re-slush the hardware? There's a way of forcing it but I can't remember exactly what; if your reseller has the tech manual they can probably tell you (that's how I found out about that).

I'll have more of a think if I get a chance next week...

-------------------------------

You want it when?

Return to posts index

Jim Downey
on Oct 18, 2008 at 12:22:14 pm

Hi Joe,

have you had any luck yet? or are you still getting the green static? Could this be a drive array problem?? I'm having the same issues.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]