FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can't get started!

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Wainwright
Can't get started!
on Jan 15, 2008 at 7:28:29 pm

I bought a second hand 844x board set with break out box, books and discs, it took me a while after reading the compatible peripheral guide to acquire an XW8000 with 2 x 2.8GHz + 2Gb Ram and before I was ready to install the boards I was forced to move address across town. So now I can not find the installation guide. I have every thing else to hand but installing from the getting started section of the main book has left me with a start up warning ' resource conflict- PCI in Slot 04 BUS:03, Device:02, Function:00. I was sure that I had put the boards in the right slots...
So has anyone got a copy of the installation guide they could let me see please?
Any help or advice would be gratefully received.
I do not think of myself as an idiot, (I build TV Studios and install HD over IP solutions amongst other things) but this 844 seems to be getting the better of me! Help!
Alex

Return to posts index

Alex Wainwright
Re: Can't get started!
on Jan 15, 2008 at 9:10:44 pm

OK, panic over, I installed the boards in the way the instructions said not to do (slots 2,3 and 4) and now it all seems to work. This means that there is no room for my sata card so I will just have to buy more scsi drives!

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Jan 16, 2008 at 7:52:42 am

Something else to try (if you fancy swapping your boards back again) is to just do a simple cold reboot.

With certain boxes this error would come up occasionally on startup in the morning. Shut the machine off. Wait 15-20 seconds and turn it on again.

Bingo! Boot!

A simple reset wouldn't fix it, but a cold reboot would.

All the best,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Alex Wainwright
on Jan 16, 2008 at 2:34:21 pm

Thank you for your reply, I had used the xw8000 (turning on from cold)every day for about a week with the same error message while I was doing other work on it so I would be surprised if a cold boot would swing it at this stage.
But I now have two more issues: a, my on board audio seems to have lost its driver and b, 844 hangs after asking me to save a new project near the start of the app. I am still reading the books but all advice is valued. Again thank you.

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Jan 17, 2008 at 9:17:06 am

On a particular system I would get this error *every time* from a cold boot. I just got used to having to cold boot twice in the morning. You might be surprised!

If you're having this many problems, I would say that a complete clean reinstall would be a good way to go. If you can still find your system restore DVDs this really isn't too onerous.

If you want to fiddle this driver might work for the audio.

I'd also delete your 844XPrefs file (can probably be found on your computer here: "C:Documents and SettingsYourUserNameApplication DataMedia100"). And delete the workspace file from the last project you opened (the .wrk file)

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]