FORUMS: list search recent posts

Assertion error

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
macdiv
Assertion error
on Jan 5, 2008 at 9:03:23 am

hi , i have 844x ver3.0.4 thirthday i have error and the application askes me that it will be close due to error , any way i quit after saving , reopen the project , it opens the pins but refuse to open the program file and the system gives me (error attempting to pen file xxxx .prg : assertion error) i trayed to open any of the back up .prg files , but it didnot workout except for 2 dayes earlier backup files , iam so missy its 20 houres of work and almost 12 layers of compositing and rendiring , i trayed to reopen in new project but it seemes that the PRG file is corrupted ,,,, can any body help me

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Assertion error
on Jan 7, 2008 at 9:56:12 am

Hi,

I'm afraid you have lost your work. It sounds like your project got corrupted whilst working on it, and kept saving corrupted programs as backups. Not very useful.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it this time.

As part of my 844/X workflow, I will manually save a backup project after reaching a certain stage in my work (maybe once every hour or two). It gets worse the bigger the project is - just so you're aware.

Think about closing down the application when you take a break. Then when you open it up again and it's messed up, you won't have lost so much work.

None of these will help you now, but hopefully will make the pain of this happening again a little less.

Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]