FORUMS: list search recent posts

exporting mov. or avi. from Media 100

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe5150
exporting mov. or avi. from Media 100
on Jul 19, 2007 at 2:57:50 pm

Okay, long story short, got a great deal on this system. Still edits like a dream *knock on wood* and no problems when exporting to tape.
But when I try to export as an avi. or mov. file, half way through, the computer locks up. I've have tried various settings and have had no luck with a successful export.

Media 100 844/x Version 3.0.4
HP Workstation XW800
Xeon CPU 2.80 GHz
1.00 GB Ram
Windows XP Pro Version 2002
Service Pack 2

Any help as far as upgrades, updates, or setting would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!!

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: exporting mov. or avi. from Media 100
on Jul 23, 2007 at 10:00:22 am

Hi,

Have you tried exporting out a small section (two minutes or under)? Does it still crash out?

I don't know why, but some RAID arrays have difficulty in exporting files over 4GB. If anyone has a solution to that I'd love to hear it!

Cheers,
Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

bodgetastic
on Jul 24, 2007 at 9:26:36 am

Are you exporting onto a FAT format disk? They can only support up to 2gig files.

Another possibility you probably don't want to hear - we used to have a lot of issues with export from our 844, it would tend to crash out on -2020 errors all the time unless doing a straight, self-contained quicktime export and even then you could only export once, then re-start the program, then export again. It only stopped when we replaced the system disk and re-built the entire system :( During that time we gave up and if we needed files put the SDI output through a Digital Rapids. Hopefully your problem is easier!

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
on Jul 24, 2007 at 11:40:58 am

Thanks for chiming in.

I'm rendering back to the RAID (most decidedly NTFS). When I get a bit of time I'll rebuild the system. Simply rebuilding the Raid didn't do a thing, so I'm dumping stuff out to tape or chopping it up into 150 second precomps and using AE to render out. Now *that's* really fun!

And now I also feel guilty for hijacking this thread :o/ Hope Joe got his problem sorted.

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

Joe5150
on Jul 28, 2007 at 3:01:40 pm

Hey guys, thanks for all the input... unfortunatly, my problems have gone from bad to worse... I was trying to upgrade the ram in my system, thinking "hey, more ram, better export power" but alas, that was never meant to be... the ram I purchased for the xw8000 was not ECC, therefore, didn't work with the system... now, for whatever reason, the 1 gig of ram I had, won't work... running 512, and not very happy about it... the system had 4 sticks (256 each, 2 are of the same brand and the other 2 are of the same brand) but now only accepts 2 at a time... won't let me put all 4 back in... get a modem sound and 3 beeps... *sigh* why does hp have to make this system difficult to work with?? anyone know how I can get around this or am I just stuck with what I have??

Return to posts index

bodgetastic
on Aug 1, 2007 at 10:59:07 am

Wild stab in the dark, because I haven't had that problem, maybe putting the non-ECC RAM in the system changed a BIOS setting that's now stuck on (i.e. it's looking for a specific kind of RAM, or the kind that you had in there before)? There's a CMOS reset switch inside that I used on the system once, didn't break anything, might help or a 'fun' afternoon messing around with BIOS settings.

Return to posts index

Joe5150
on Aug 3, 2007 at 4:38:04 pm

hehehe, if I knew anything about the bios system... I'd jump on your idea and see if I could do anything useful with it... alas, "I only use the system" lol... I did try that CMOS reset deal, however that didn't help... I guess I'll try it again over the weekend and see if maybe it needed time to "cool off"... :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]