FORUMS: list search recent posts

844 vs dpsVelocityHD

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nitron
844 vs dpsVelocityHD
on Apr 2, 2007 at 7:10:09 pm

I'm looking to buy anyone of them very soon but what are the REALTIME on each and what are the RENDERING TIME on each-I mean in LAYERS. What are the down side for each? I don't really care the OS that much.
What about the quality bit and the 16:9 or HD and the 4:3 thing? I'm just in the deciding stage and can't decide which is to get. Any expert out there or user out there that has experience between the two.
I'm serious about buying, please give accurate as possible and not in a bias count please.

Thanks much.
NIT

Return to posts index

Andrew Watt
Re: 844 vs dpsVelocityHD
on Apr 3, 2007 at 8:39:54 pm

Both are great systems.

844x can do 4 realtime layers each with a matte, Color Correction, Scale, Position, Rotation, Blurs and more....(8 streams total) all at 10 bit uncompressed Standard Definition

Unfortunately it is SD only and will not be getting any more updates unless there is a miracle.

You can work in 16:9 or 4:3 but again only in Standard Def.

Velocity HD's big advantage would obviously be the ability to work in HD. I'm not sure if they are going to continue to update this either but it did look great in a demo I saw once. Never used it on a real life project though so I can't help you much here.

Hope this helps,
Andrew

Return to posts index

CleverMoniker
Re: 844 vs dpsVelocityHD
on Apr 6, 2007 at 2:19:01 pm

Andrew's right, but I don't even think Miracle Max can bring 844/X back to viability.

Somebody with Google-like stature would have to buy the technology from Boris and then try to lure all the old engineers away from their current jobs to bring it back to life.

Keep in mind, these are very smart people and most them are probably NOT currently working at t-shirt shops or coffee houses. It would take a BIG-ASS raise and at least a 5 year promise to get them to come back. Even then, they'd STILL have the same uphill battle to fight, trying to sell to a market that beleives without question anything told to them by someone wearing either a purple polo shirt or a black mock turtleneck.

Though it pains me to say it, unless you're already invested in 844/X and can still make money with it, it doesn't make sense throw your money down that hole.

Having said all that, I can't comment on Velocity as I know nothing about it.

fhgwgads

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]