FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export "By Reference" problem

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Griffiths
Export "By Reference" problem
on Feb 4, 2007 at 3:46:33 pm

Hi all,

I tried export By Ref for the first time the other day and while the video was fine, the audio wouldn't play. Opened the clip in QT and it said that the audio track was there and encoded in "little endian" but it still wouldn't play. An audo export from QT turned up empty too. I searched the archives but didn't find anything.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Heck, you're all I've got. :-)

Thanks!

G r i f f
-----
R o b e r t G r i f f i t h s , D i r e c t o r
F i r e D a n c e r P r o d u c t i o n s , I n c.
C a r b o n d a l e * C o l o r a d o * U S A

http://www.FireDancer.tv

Return to posts index

cowcow
bodgetastic
Re: Export "By Reference" problem
on Feb 21, 2007 at 3:38:42 pm

Wierd. I used to use refs quite a lot (before we bought into Digital Rapids we had encoder software on the 844/x workstation) and didn't have that problem. What quicktime version is it? We've been having a lot of little, aggravating compatibility issues in all versions after 7. It's not an access problem to the audio disk is it?

I'll see if I can have a little fiddle if I have some time, see what our 844 puts out.

By the way, does 'Quicktime error -2020' mean anything to you? It's the bane of my life with 844/x export and I've never found a good way around it other than constant program restarts.

Return to posts index

Robert Griffiths
Re: Export "By Reference" problem
on Feb 22, 2007 at 5:12:55 am

Thanks for the reply,

I'm still on QT 6.5-ish. and SP1. I'm a bit gun shy to screw with that system when there's no real support. What's the drawback of going to QT7... and which version? I swould use by ref a lot more if I didn't have to lay it off to tape and re-import. Of course, by ref exporting from the timeline would be ideal but, alas, not in this lifetime.

Quicktime error -2020 doesn't ring a bell. I nosed around on-line a bit but nothing fruitful came up.

Thanks for looking into this!

G r i f f
-----
R o b e r t G r i f f i t h s , D i r e c t o r
F i r e D a n c e r P r o d u c t i o n s , I n c.
C a r b o n d a l e * C o l o r a d o * U S A

http://www.FireDancer.tv

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]