FORUMS: list search recent posts

Media100 i XS PCI Card

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Dust
Media100 i XS PCI Card
on Oct 8, 2006 at 12:49:02 pm

Hello board, anyone know what the current asking price for these are please? And they have firewire connection on board? Can't find any info on the net about this board.

Return to posts index

Ben Heusner
Re: Media100 i XS PCI Card
on Oct 17, 2006 at 7:52:53 pm

Hi Martin,

Don't know what the current prices are, there's usually something floating around on eBay, but apparently not at the moment.

There are a number of different cards that went in the Media 100 system, so if you look at a system, make sure you're looking for the right thing.

Vincent TM - The first PCI card that worked for the M100 system. No firewire.

Vincent 601 - An updated version - able to work with non-square pixels. No firewire.

P6000 - An even more updated version. All of these have a firewire port, but only ones with the "DV Option" actually have this connected to anything. It connects to a daughter card on the P6000, and allows firewire connection to a DV device.

There is also generation of P6000 cards that allow "lossless" compression.

If you're buying a second hand system then be aware that the serial number is linked to the board. The serial number affects not just the version of the software, but also the model of the system. Different models have different features (number of tracks, EQ & audio effects etc).

Check out the other Media 100 forum which deals with the system you're looking for.

HTH

Ben

Curious Turtle Professional Video
Training | Editing |Support

http://www.curiousturtle.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]