FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need PC expert to rebuild 844X software....

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
editology
Need PC expert to rebuild 844X software....
on Jun 8, 2006 at 2:40:51 pm

It started with a virus. Internet Explorer boxes popping up all over. Then lost play button control in 844x program. Frustration put the system disc in and reformatted & installed XP back on C drive. Now.... can't see 2nd internal G(audio) drive, can't connect to network to download software, can't see atto drives, can't stand the PC.

Easy fix? or hired gun? Any assistance or help would be of the utmost appreciation.

Ron

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Need PC expert to rebuild 844X software....
by
on Jun 8, 2006 at 4:22:10 pm

Do you have the original CD that came with your CPU? Usually most drivers should be on that disk. But rebuilding XP can be painful sometimes...

Return to posts index

cowcowcowcowcow
editology
on Jun 8, 2006 at 4:54:32 pm

got the disc.... how do i get the internet hooked up for this computer on gigabit switch hooked up to a router that's hooked to dsl modem via ethernet?

thanks.
Ron

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jun 8, 2006 at 4:58:08 pm

Do you have the drivers for your network adapter installed? If yes, you should be able to configure TCP/IP to this adapter and everything should be fine without too much hassle. I think in Explorer there is an "Options" or "Settings" part somewhere where you can say that you want to connect to the net via your LAN.

Return to posts index

editology
on Jun 8, 2006 at 5:47:36 pm

unfortunately no... is it on the system disc? how did i install that....

sorry about pc 101 questions.

Ron

Return to posts index

editology
on Jun 13, 2006 at 1:48:45 pm

Floh and moo cows,
got some help initializing virused drive.... worked all kinks but one. Can't seem to mount 2nd internal G audio drive...
it's a cheetah 336607LW in an hp xw8000 on XP Pro SP2. Any thoughts?

And oh yeah...another major problem....flashed the bios thinking that would update the bios and the computer can't restart.... it just makes funny tones.... Any help there too?

I totaaly appreciate your genius here...

Ron

Return to posts index

Butch
on Jun 22, 2006 at 1:50:32 am

I have rebuilt my 844 about 6 times now using the restore DVD, it should of come with your system. Do you have one?
If so turn cpu on, then try opening rom drive as soon as possible, put in DVD then restart and hopefully it will boot off the DVD if you bios is not that confused.
Good luck... hope you get there.
As for the beeps... I have had them occur after running the 844 test and the test software restarts the system.
I have just manually restarted system and all is fine, but I have never got into the reason for them occuring.
cheers

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]