chroma keying help

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
chroma keying help
on Mar 27, 2006 at 9:13:25 pm

Hey fellow cows and the last of the 844 users out there,

I'd like to know if anyone knows how to do a "triple chroma key" so to speak"

I have an animated background that I want to take the black out, then two or three of the solid colors to reveal my video clip behind it.

I tried to take the black out first then subclip it to try to take the first color out but when I take the color out, the black shows up again.

Any ideas.

TIA

Sam

Return to posts index

Jon Walker
Re: chroma keying help
on Mar 27, 2006 at 10:40:37 pm

My first thought would be to take the animation, if you created it, and apply an alpha channel to it(quicktime compression, animation, millions of colors +). Then, when importing into 844, select use fiile's alpha, straight alpha under the import option. If this is something you can't do, you can select multiply for the blend mode of your clip to eliminate the black. Then, for eliminating color, you could try doing chroma keys or luma keys depending on what colors you need to get rid of. Also, if the text is static, you could create alpha mattes for it. If it is animated that will be a bit more tricky. Let me know if any of this pointed you in the right direction.

Return to posts index

Sam Lesante Jr.
on Mar 28, 2006 at 8:48:50 pm

Hi Jon,

Thanks for your help. Multiply mode made it look better, then I tried Screen and it looked the way I wanted. Thank you for pointing me in the right direction.

Sam

Return to posts index

Jon Walker
on Mar 28, 2006 at 8:52:50 pm

Not a problem. You can get some very interesting looks by toying with the blend modes. It is similar to photoshop. One of my favorite techniques is to duplicate the video layer and then adjust the top layer's blend mode to give it different looks. If it is too strong you can always adjust the opacity or even throw on an xblur to spice it up.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]