FORUMS: list search recent posts

Why is 844x so dumb???

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at UCSB
Why is 844x so dumb???
on Mar 10, 2006 at 6:41:09 pm

Hi All,
I thought this has been covered, but I couldn't find it.
I'm trying to save myself a couple of renders by importing files from the 'processed media' folders. Long story short: I need to create serveral versions of a program with different ratios 4x3 & 16x9. So I nest my original project-render-then reimport the processed file. But it still takes a LONG time to bring in a file the 844x created??? In Media100 HD this is an instant import, as it's been for many years. Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong??

Peace,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Why is 844x so dumb???
by
on Mar 10, 2006 at 7:09:18 pm

This is a limitation of 844/X that was planned to be removed in the next major release...

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
on Mar 10, 2006 at 7:50:05 pm

Thanks for the info Floh!

Now I'll just wait for the next release and I'll be doing great....oh wait...that's right....I'm screwed. :)

So much potential...*sigh*

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

john
by
on Mar 16, 2006 at 12:57:14 pm

i sigh with todd

the post index is headed by another sale of a unit.
how many did they ship 330'ish?

anyway when john molinari walked away from media 100 selling it and US off to Optibase he went to martha's vineyard and decided to run a coffee shop. dont bother looking him up on the net, the web site for his new venture is down!

so now lets turn our attention for 1 minute to the person who wrecked 844x
Uzi Breier.
lets hope he too is destined for a kebab shop when the glory of IPTV doesnt save his....

john

Return to posts index

RobCoblentz
Re: Uzi is gone
on Mar 16, 2006 at 2:42:47 pm

According to someone at M100, Uzi was canned a couple of weeks ago.

Return to posts index

john
Re: Uzi is gone
by
on Mar 19, 2006 at 8:56:46 pm

well picked up rob
here's the official blurb. ironically it was tom wyler who saw great promise in Media 100 and 844x.
++++++++++++++
Optibase, a leader in advanced digital video solutions, today announced that Uzi Breier has resigned from his position as Chief Executive Officer, effective immediately. The resignation came about as a result of differences of opinion related to the management of the Company.

Tom Wyler, Executive Chairman, President and interim Chief Executive Officer of Optibase, said, "During Uzi's tenure as Chief Executive Officer, Uzi led a number of strategic initiatives that were important for Optibase's operations. We wish to thank Uzi for his contribution and dedication.
+++++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]