FORUMS: list search recent posts

Hard Drives are Failing - Need Advice

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rod Reding
Hard Drives are Failing - Need Advice
on Nov 10, 2005 at 5:26:12 pm

One of our Seagate 34 Gig Drives failed a couple weeks ago. Now it looks like our Seagate 34 Gig Audio Drive is starting to fail. We are receiving the error message - "Warning (-11210) Foundation Performance 'Audio' while playing or moving" It looks like others on the forum have had similar problems that point to the hard drive.

I'm predicting the other drives are going to start failing as well. I may just replace all of them at once and get it over with. If we do that, we would consider buying larger drives. What is recommended and proven on 844X?

Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

John Buck
Re: Hard Drives are Failing - Need Advice
on Nov 11, 2005 at 10:10:53 am

i would do two things

Defrag the drives - are you doing that regularly?
then whenw e had huge probs, we rebuilt the PC operating system (with help from Todd)
and then 844 from scratch and it fixed many many issues

sounds drastic and you will need re-seller help or some 844 users roadside assistance
but maybe try it before buying more stuff?

just my opinion

john

Return to posts index

Rod Reding
on Nov 11, 2005 at 6:01:53 pm

I was able to resolve the problem with the 844/X Test Program. I went into Options and selected Reset Hardware. I then restarted the computer. I also tested my hardrives with SeaTools which showed all drives as healthy.

Return to posts index

Rod Reding
on Nov 12, 2005 at 4:50:04 pm

All problems returned! I can't even get an SDI video siganl out of the junction box. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Return to posts index

Chad Robinson
on Nov 16, 2005 at 2:23:27 pm

Hello Rod,

I don't know if it will help at this point, but Travis said his problems finally cleared up after removing his internet connection and turning off or removing any programs that search the internet (itunes, email programs, windows instant update, etc.). When I get the Audio warnings and failures, they usually result from either a full audio drive (my problem, mostly) or programs that interrupt 844 looking for a network or internet connection.

Why do you think it's the drive and not the junction box? I had to replace my box late last year after I lost audio output suddently.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]