FORUMS: list search recent posts

FWIW

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
john
FWIW
by
on Oct 17, 2005 at 2:42:34 am

not only has Boris removed the free download of Media 100 SW but the 844 product has been deleted all together from the M100 site. There she goes...........

Return to posts index

Douglas Wagner
Re: FWIW
on Oct 17, 2005 at 12:29:55 pm

Yep, I noticed that too. I guess that 844/X 8x8 Platinum Contract I renewed is worthless now and imagine that all of the remaining 844/X inventory went to the crusher. Another innovative market shattering product down the tubes.

VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System

Return to posts index

Marion
on Oct 17, 2005 at 6:23:10 pm

This from Boris today:

...we will deliver the Media 100 sw software-only editor as quickly as possible. We know from the number of downloads that you are eager to use this product to expand your business, teach more students and finish more creative work, away from the traditional edit suite. The Media 100 HD and sw products work seamlessly together. You can even import media and programs from your Media 100i systems into the Media 100 sw to continue editing, so there are very few workflow restrictions. The first release of Media 100 sw will not include the firewire I/O which is still under development. We are putting together a schedule now to deliver this inexpensive upgrade to all Media 100 sw owners as soon as we are confident that it meets the traditional Media 100 quality standards....

Marion Abrams
Madmotion, LLC.
Pittsfield, VT.
USA

Return to posts index

john
by
on Oct 18, 2005 at 1:36:23 am

doug
i am sure it would be prudent for Boris Y and the PR crew at BorisFx to make an added announcement or cow posting to let it be known clearly what has happened to the platinum contract you signed (and i'm sure you're not alone) and also the inventory of XBlur cards etc etc. i imagine that in boston as in sydney, one buys assets and liabilities when buying out other companies.

john
velocite.net

Return to posts index

Douglas Wagner
on Oct 18, 2005 at 1:25:11 pm

The original presss release announcement indicated that the Media 100HD cards were still coming from Optibase. It looks like Boris is not going to get involved with the manufacture of hardware since they are a software company. That indicated to me that the 844X hardware remained at Optibase, since Boris had no desire to resurrect the product, has been written off and has now probably gone to the landfill.

VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System

Return to posts index

john
by
on Oct 18, 2005 at 10:05:05 pm

Doug i also expected that BorisFx would have bought a certain amount of IP from those pesky Optibase people.
That would include the 844 and MacHD technology. The smarts behind the cards. After all if they didnt, what did they pay for?
There's the code that Marshall and Co have written over the years and then.....

Maybe you're right, the dump trucks have moved in and cleared the joint out leaving just the code.
And dont get me wrong, if it means Dave C and all the others have fresh new horizons and pay packets
so be it but can i say it one more time?

Shame on you Uzi. Your business legacy will be killing the 844 and there won't
be any fame and fortune with IPTV for OBase.

Return to posts index

Andrew
on Oct 18, 2005 at 11:26:55 pm

Shame shame indeed. We bought a second T2k as a backup board for our edit, and probably would've bought a second card for 844x. Landfill? I hope not.

Return to posts index

Espen olsen
Re: FWIW - I sent an e-mail to Boris
on Oct 19, 2005 at 10:51:43 am

Hi.

As an owner of 2 Media100 844/X's it was a bit dissapointing to see that this system was not mentioned in your info letter.
What is the story on 844/X ?

Sincerely,

Espen Olsen
Lyd & Bilde as
Oslo, Norway

Dear Espen,

I want you to know that we are committed to support your 2 844/X systems throughout the duration of your service contract. We will provide both technical support of your existing software and hardware warranty and repair. We do have a number of spare boards should your own board fail.

I understand your concern and I'd like to assure you that your service contract will be honored by Media 100/Boris FX

Boris Yamnitsky

BorisFX
381 Congress Street
Boston, MA 02210
tel. 617-451-9900
fax 617-451-9916

Espen Olsen

Lyd & Bilde as
Oslo, Norway

Return to posts index

John Buck
on Oct 19, 2005 at 12:32:34 pm

nice work espen
and good on boris for replying
did you see Uzi or Amir ever do that???????? i mean like ever????????????????????????

Return to posts index

john
by
on Oct 19, 2005 at 10:02:45 pm

FWIW Doug and CO
My understanding of BorisFX's position on 844 is thus.
The extent of engineering to finish the next release of 844/X is beyond their resources and they have no plans to pursue 844 any further than OBase under Breier but they are retaining all existing boards to be used as spares and replacements. No Dump trucks. That is why they are no longer selling the system. And it seems in keeping with their framework for suporting the Mac M100 they will continue to support 844 contracts.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]