FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio Drive Upgrade

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chad Robinson
Audio Drive Upgrade
on Sep 26, 2005 at 1:55:18 pm

I'm looking to upgrade the audio (G:) drive with a Maxtor DiamondMax Plus9 or a Seagate Barracuda 7200.7. Both are 80GB. Does anyone have any experience with either or with upgrading the G: drive?
Thanks!

Chad

Return to posts index

Douglas Wagner
Re: Audio Drive Upgrade
on Sep 26, 2005 at 2:33:42 pm

I upgraded my audio drive to a 73GB 15K U320 Seagate Cheetah several months back. Media 100's tech support told me that it was never certified but to give it a try realizing that it may not work. It made for a more stable system. I have fewer 844/X crashes. Prior to the change I had errors caused by the audio drive not being able to keep up with the video causing the two to get out of sync causing an error and crash.

Are the two drives you are describing SCSI drives? Never heard of an 80GB SCSI drive. The original internal 844/X audio drive is. If it's not, it probably won't work properly. The system hard drive is UDMA/IDE.

VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System

Return to posts index

Chad Robinson
on Sep 26, 2005 at 2:55:37 pm

No, neither is SCSI. I obviously wasn't thinking very clearly when I started the search this morning. I'll look for your Seagate as a replacement.

Thanks for the reply.

Chad

Return to posts index

Scott Wyman
on Oct 11, 2005 at 6:35:59 pm

Hi there,

I was having similar issues with audio performance, so I upgraded to the Seagate model you pointed out. Well, unfortunately after fomatting, creating a volume, and tranferring my audio media to it, I'm experiencing considerable crashes. The CTI hangs up a lot and I still get audio foundation performance messages in the task bar. One 844/X error message tells me a "firmware update is necessary" when I try to launch the program.

So...my question is, how did you install and formatt your audio drive? Also, what Version of XP are you running? My VAR told me to install Service Pack 2 before installing 3.04. Any other suggestions you can point me to would be VERY MUCH apprecited.

Regards,

Scott Wyman
Senior Editor/Technical Director
CN8, The Comcast Network

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]