FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advanced Keyer and loss of sync

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Butch
Advanced Keyer and loss of sync
on Sep 11, 2005 at 1:26:01 pm

I have used the advanced keyer extensively in the blue screen arena and I had an issue with a 1 hour prog where it was intermittently rendering with small (about 1 frame long) black flashes throughout the prog. I made sure my standard keyer filter box was not checked, rebooted etc and even tried using the media in a new project all to no avail.
My workaround was to cut the instance just before the flash and render from there, then on to the next flash and so forth. Very painful but I got there.
Has anyone else had this issue and got any answers?
Also occaisonally my system (internally locked) sometimes seems to lose lock and then about 10 seconds later crashes.
Could these two probs be related?
(All self tests passed fine)
Any help much appreciated
Long live the 844, there's still nothing out there that compares.
Cheers

Helping others gives you good cowma.

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
Re: Advanced Keyer and loss of sync
on Sep 13, 2005 at 3:03:41 am

I've had issues with heavy layering and keying where my video card simply gives up and gives me a green screen. Nice for keying people in front of, by the way. But usually, by that time, they're more into editing product.
I have to restart to fix it. If it persists, I've found nesting layers as a way to help it.
I've never had the blank frame issue, though.
Next time you have that issue, try doing just the key, nesting the layer, and then doing whatever else you're doing to the clip and see if that helps. Sometimes you have to feed it in smaller mouthfulls.

G

Return to posts index

Butch
Re: Advanced Keyer and loss of sync
on Sep 15, 2005 at 2:20:16 pm

Thanks glen, now that I remember, my program was heavily layered aswell so maybe you have a point about the video card getting a bit stressed.
Anyway, on with the show.
Cheers

Helping others gives you good cowma.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]