FORUMS: list search recent posts

Advance Keyer Realtime?

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd at UCSB
Advance Keyer Realtime?
on Aug 27, 2005 at 12:03:02 am

HI All,
It's been a little while since I've used the Keyer, but I want to use it a lot for an upcoming project. Last time I didn't have the greatest success with the Keyer, so I ended up using AE for most of the Chroma work. But I would like to use the Advance Keyer instead of using AE, BUT I thought the Advance Keyer was realtime? It's making me process before I see it realtime?
Is that right?

Thanks,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Advance Keyer Realtime?
by
on Aug 27, 2005 at 12:56:25 pm

The advanced keyer is a 1pass process on the hardware. You can do a basic setup in the standard keyer in realtime and then promote the settings to the advanced keyer for fine-tuning.

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
on Aug 29, 2005 at 4:13:06 pm

The Advance Keyer is far superior to what was available in the standard keyer, and well worth the "price" of a single pass. I'd say it's more convenient than using Primatte in After Effects/Commotion, and that used to be my favorite.
It may take a bit getting used to -- the parameters for fine-tuning the keys weren't very intuitive (to me.) After doing a 40 minute show where 75% of it needed a key pulled, I felt like I eventually got a workflow going with it.
I think the documentation is pretty shallow, so if you have any questions, ask away.
Here's what I use the advance keyer for now.
Forman Mills Commercial 10MB
Making updates and changes to this spot -- swapping out the models, changing timing, replacing backgrounds and text -- all in a day's timeframe, on anything but the 844X would be murder.
844X keyer rocks!

Glen

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
on Aug 30, 2005 at 10:27:35 pm

Thanks Glen and Floh.
Floh, not sure what you mean/and how you promte the settings?

Glen, the spot looks great, did you do all of the effects in 844x? or did you use AE for some? (the Camera move with the Background looked too hard for 844x)

Thanks again for both of your input. I'm editing this week.
I'll keep you 'posted'

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
on Aug 30, 2005 at 11:47:17 pm

Thanks, Todd. The only thing done in AE is the virtual room spin -- naked but for the video-wall. It's just a floor, wall and ceiling (all created in Illustrator with the video embedded in the two "picture frames") set up to rotate every 6 sec so I can play with it in the 844X. Everything else is our beloved RTM (real-time-monster). Every week they come back for more - swapping out models, changing out "walk-ways," and I don't have to touch AE at all. I still can't believe nobody is developing this further >:(
I believe what Floh is referring to is setting up the normal key as best you can, and then right-clicking on the filter and selecting the "Promote to . . ." option.

Let us know how it goes.

G

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Aug 31, 2005 at 6:03:02 am

[Glen Hurd] "I believe what Floh is referring to is setting up the normal key as best you can, and then right-clicking on the filter and selecting the "Promote to . . ." option."

Yes.

Return to posts index

Jack Morgan
on Sep 2, 2005 at 6:24:27 pm

Hmmmm.... I am getting a request for password when I try to view your spot. Is that you or me? Jack

jmorgan
DeadLine Productions
Houston, Texas

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
on Sep 3, 2005 at 12:49:32 am

Oops . . . I'd dumped the file -- I actually use the site for client approval, and swap things out. Try the web-page at http://www.dropdeadgorges.com/fm/. There's a kids version of the same spot too -- once again, the 844X rocks for this sort of thing.

G

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]