FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto Keyframing masks in 844Xe?

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bill Marcellus
Auto Keyframing masks in 844Xe?
on Aug 19, 2005 at 1:12:00 pm

Hi all,

I just acquired an 844Xe and am having a problem with mask keyframing. My question is this: If I draw a mask with 32 points and advance one frame in the timeline and then change the position of each of these points, how do I automatically get each of these points to set an automatic keyframe?

I have searched the manuals and it indicates that I must select each control point on each frame in order to set a new keyframe? Some of my masks will have many more than 32 points so this appears to be an unworkable method for any type of rotoscoping work.

What am I missing? I am pretty sure that I am just missing something very simple in the documentation and that the 844 is capable of this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Bill

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Auto Keyframing masks in 844Xe?
by
on Aug 19, 2005 at 1:21:41 pm

As with every keyframes in 844/X the values will be non-keyframed as long as you don

Return to posts index

Dave Jennings
on Aug 19, 2005 at 1:42:31 pm

Once you create the mask shape, right click on its entry in the tree view on the left-hand side of the keyframe editor, and pick "Add Keyframes." All the various controls for that shape will have keyframes added at the current time, which will also make them autokeyframe as you change them, as Floh mentions. This is a lot faster than drilling down to each one and adding a keyframe manually.

This works at any branch of that tree view, if you want to limit what you're keyframing.

Return to posts index

Bill Marcellus
on Aug 19, 2005 at 3:14:58 pm

Thanks to James & Floh! I knew there had to be an easier way than to manually select every point!

As a new owner of an 844, it is also nice to know that there are folks still active on this list. So far, I have been very impressed with the system and its real time capabilities- especially for finishing :30 spots. It is truly a shame that Optibase didn't release the HD version.

At least this system will make money for me until HD totally takes over and I have to use FCP exclusively.

Thanks again for your help!

Bill

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]