FORUMS: list search recent posts

easy question - new to 844x

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim
easy question - new to 844x
by
on Aug 15, 2005 at 9:58:41 pm

I want to cut several tracks of material from one part of my timeline and paste it to another area of the timeline. Seems like I should just be able to highlight the clips on the timeline then edit-cut then edit-paste to the new location. Not working - edit cut or edit copy are not given as an option when I highlight and ctrl + c won't work. This seems like such a basic basic basic thing to do and I feel like an idiot because I can't figure it out after 2 hours. I've posted some beginner-type questions here before and unfortunately have not gotten answers, maybe because they are so basic you think I'm kidding. Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong in this instance - I'm not kidding!

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: easy question - new to 844x
by
on Aug 15, 2005 at 10:36:46 pm

Tim,

this should work as you described. Just make sure that you have selected the whole clip(s) and not only the cutpoint of the clips. This is a difference in 844/X, since you also can apply a transition to several cutpoints at once. Either CTRL-Click on the clips you want to copy or drag a lasso around them (including them completely). Then CTRL-C, CTRL-V for copy and paste. Make sure that you have enough tracks upwards for pasting; the lowest of the copied clips will be pasted on your focus track, and you need enough tracks upwards to paste the copied clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]