FORUMS: list search recent posts

what's the easiest way to...

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
what's the easiest way to...
on Aug 11, 2005 at 2:16:13 am

Hi fellow cows,

I would like to know if anyone has an easy, or I'll take the hard way, of giving a person who is chromakeyed a black almost invisble shadow.

The way I'm going to try is to chroma key them out first, copy and paste them to a lower video line and then mess with the darkness and opacity.

Thanks in advance
sam

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
Re: what's the easiest way to...
on Aug 11, 2005 at 6:51:03 pm

Use the DVE Shadow, and work with it's X-axis rotation, and maybe a little Z-axis to fake perspective. It works best with single actors, since its illusion is based on a single point in space, and won't match up multiple shadows without some luck.
It comes with two tabs: one to control the quality of the shadows, and the Geometrics tab to control its position and rotation.
If you don't have that feature (maybe just for XBlur-I don't know), then after pulling the key, turn that clip into a subcomp, and after rendering it, load it into the source window. In a layer below, of same length, add a color clip of your shadows color. In the source window, deselect the video tab so only "M" is depressed. Then use the "replace edit" button to copy the matte into the color clip. Then you're ready to manipulate the shadow layer with Geometrics, Composite, Convolve, etc.

Hope this helps.
Glen Hurd

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]