FORUMS: list search recent posts

Relinking

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Sanders
Relinking
on Aug 1, 2005 at 12:27:56 pm

Hello all 844x users. I recently had to remove all media from my drive to reformat. Most of my programs have relinked themselves but, not my most important one. The program that needs relinking is our company overview and has been through many changes in the last two years. It started out as one project name and has been saved as many as three different project names since then. I see all the media in the original 844x (generated) folder. When I click on the latest program and use the command relink media and browse for prompted clips (which I know are there), when I browse to them I can not see the files, it does not give me the ability to click on the file?
Any suggests from 844x (PC) users?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Jim Sanders

Return to posts index

J
Re: Relinking
by
on Aug 2, 2005 at 7:11:52 am

Have you tried to add the destination folder in the media preference?

Best,

J

Return to posts index

Jim Sanders
on Aug 2, 2005 at 12:17:49 pm

I have never had this problem before so, when you mentioned "adding the destination folder in the media preference", I am not certian what you mean by that, are you talking about the process you use when starting a new project by clicking the little green destination indicators for audio & video?

Could you Please elaborate a little more on your suggestion.

Thank you very much

Return to posts index

J
by
on Aug 2, 2005 at 6:13:19 pm

I'm not behind my machine at the moment but there is somewhere in the preference in the neighbourhood of where the destination of the media is assigned you could add folders where the media should be placed.
It could be possible the you have to add the audio and video folders again.

If you can't find let me know I will placed the path tomorrow.

Best,

J

Return to posts index

Jim Sanders
on Aug 2, 2005 at 6:22:09 pm

I am getting equipment ready for a two day shoot this Thursday & Friday so I am not behind my 844x either. I think I will need more of your help. What is the time difference between the East Coast of the United States and The Netherlands. Right now it is 2:30 PM. Could you give me a call at 802-657-6673? I here at work from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM EST.

Thank you again for your help so far

Return to posts index

J
by
on Aug 3, 2005 at 8:42:36 am

Jim it's here now 10:30 in the morning I'm behind my machine and what I ment was the following.
Open your project and go to Edit-> Project Setting -> Media Search Loactions. Check if the path is correct or click on the current locations an delete them and make the path to the folders where your media should is stored.
Now, if you relink your timelines and bins again all material should be on-line again.

If not, the material was stored somewhere else. Other project or perhaps other drive.
Hope this will work, you can mail me off-line so I can send you my Skype adress

Best,

J

Return to posts index

Jim Sanders
on Aug 3, 2005 at 1:29:10 pm

Thank you J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]