FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do you do....

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Lesante Jr.
How do you do....
on Aug 1, 2005 at 2:10:30 am

Hey fellow 844x cows (what's left of us anyway)

Just wanted to ask if anyone knows how or if it's possible to do a certain effect I saw.

In this case, it's a still picture, however, the person in the picture starts to move seperately from the background. To me, it might be two pics made to look like one, that would be the easiest, but can and how would you do that if it were one pic?

Would you be able to do it in 844x or would you have to use after effects?

Thanks in advance to whomever is out there.

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
Re: How do you do....
on Aug 1, 2005 at 5:17:47 am

Hi Sam,
People have been doing this for a couple of years now. If I'm understanding the correct effect.

Anyway, you probably could do most of it in 844x, but it might not be that easy. I believe most people just do it in Photoshop. You roto/matte/key out the subject from the background, then clone in a little background from where you keyed out the subject. Then you bring both into AE (usually) then create a 3D camera move with the subject closer to the camera. So as you zoom, pan, tilt, etc. the subject move differently in relation to the camera. You can fake it in 2D pretty easy, but that's how it's realy done.
I think they had a tutorial in DV magazine about 6 months ago.
So, you can see, with 844x, you can matte out, place them on 2 separate layers and create some movement, but doing most of the work in Photoshop is probably better.

FWIW

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]