FORUMS: list search recent posts

film restoration

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
bouke
film restoration
on Jul 30, 2005 at 3:32:55 pm

I've been asked to quote on a job restoring a few old films and put them on DVD's.
The DVD part i know mostly, but i have no idea how much work is going to be in restoring the films.
They have been scanned to DB, but have not seen them yet.

I know very well that this is an impossible question not having seen the footage, but as always, first quote, get the job, then the client finds money and starts thinking about the actual work...

I'm planning of using media100 844 to do the job, but before making a total ridiculous estimation, what software shall i use for it and how long does at typical restore need? (Render times for scratch/dust removal are of course of major concern as i have more than ten hours to do).

My plan is to do some testing with the material before the actual quote is made but need to know where to start to even get the client so far to pay me for a few days...

Any insight is, as always, appreciated.

Bouke

Edit 'B
van Oldenbarneveltstraat 33
6512 AS NIJMEGEN, the netherlands
+31 24 3553311

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
Re: film restoration
on Jul 30, 2005 at 11:57:04 pm

How were you planning on removing dirt and scratches with the 844/X? Is the video recorded as 24 fps? Sounds more like a job for the Furnace plugins, which are not compatible with After Effects/844X (except for Kronos and Steadiness).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]