FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVI output for Adobe Encore

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tydence
AVI output for Adobe Encore
on Jul 7, 2005 at 2:00:02 pm

I have a 30 min. show that I am trying to output to be transcoded by Adobe Encore. I am using uncompresed AVI. This works really well for short promos and things, but the 844 will often output a corrupt AVI with long programs.

I have tried Quicktime (animation), but it looks washed out or flickery depending on settings. The 844 codec (transcoded by Encore) puts out a DVD that has short pauses scattered through it, so both of those options are out. So is running an uncompresed 844 through after effects, and converting it to AVI. (It seems to lose some color).

Any suggestions ?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
Re: AVI output for Adobe Encore
on Jul 7, 2005 at 8:25:09 pm

I don't like to give advice that requires spending money, but we found the best way to use Encore with long format shows is to lay the program to tape, redigitze, then export by-reference (very quick), then we use Cinema Craft to do the mpg2 compression. It's quick and great quality.
Although it may seem long to master to tape, then redigize, it's acuatly about the same as trying to export thru 844x, then using Encore.

Good Luck,

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Jason Kalinoski
on Jul 8, 2005 at 12:50:00 am

We bit the bullet and bought a Digital Rapids encoder board. I was pleasently suprised at the quality and we have the cheapest version with the S-video input. It cost about $1000 but well worth it in time saved.

It captures to Quicktime, window media, etc. also...

Jason

Return to posts index

Andrew
on Jul 12, 2005 at 7:51:09 am

I just tried burning a DVD using the Roxio burning software, that came with our 844x, using a Quicktime movie (animation codec) and to my astonishment......it worked!

Probably not for complex DVDs, but most certainly for basic client approval, and loop jobs.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]