FORUMS: list search recent posts

need help

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ahmed
need help
on Jul 5, 2005 at 7:35:11 pm

hi guys,,iam working in 2houres and 20 mintes project, and i need to establish a dvd , so i desid to split it into 2 portion ,each one 1houre and 10mintes ,,,iam exporting now the first portion to (best quality quick time), i have been waiting from 12:00 Am its now 10:30PM and i did 70% only from the first clip ,,is it take that long ? am i did some thing wrong? ....IS THERE ANY OTHER WAY to export to dvd ,,,if so i will be very graitful becose i spent all this time waiting .
thanks in advance

Return to posts index

Glen Hurd
Re: need help
on Jul 5, 2005 at 9:26:04 pm

Exporting is the only way out. I would suggest trying to export using the native 844X codec instead of exporting it to another Quicktime format. It's very very slow when it has to convert and export at the same time.
The native 844X codec takes up a lot of space since it insists on exporting the mask as well as the video -- so make sure you have plenty of space.
I exported a 45 minute show in segments of about 7 minutes each, then pasted them back together in Quicktime Pro, and saved the final movie as a reference. I then used that reference to do the final mpeg2 compression, and it compressed fine.

Hope this helps,

Glen Hurd

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Jul 6, 2005 at 6:49:22 am

Another way would be to play the program out to digibeta and digitize it back into the system in the 2 blocks you need. Then find the digitized files on your drive and use them for encoding.

Return to posts index

ahmed
on Jul 7, 2005 at 6:38:56 pm

hi Floh, i think your idea is much easy ,,,so iam traying it know,,,thanks for you guyes ,,,by the way floh ,i didnt replay to your responde mail to me couse i was having proplem with my mail ,,i will replay to you soon ,thanks

Return to posts index

ahmed
on Jul 7, 2005 at 6:34:51 pm

hi Glen , i dont know how to ( pasted them back together in Quicktime Pro, and saved the final movie as a reference ?????

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]