FORUMS: list search recent posts

Error message on Launch

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dennis
Error message on Launch
on Jun 17, 2005 at 6:08:49 pm

Working on unfamiliar system. It's Media 100 844/X.
On initial launch, I get a QuickTime player looking thing that IDs itself as something like "Media100Black.mov". Then the Media 100 launch begins, after a couple of seconds an error message stating something like: "In use by another application cannot launch-error". Anyway, it's a PC.
I rebooted the system a couple of times, No Good. If it were a Mac I'd trash preferences.
What to do???

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Error message on Launch
by
on Jun 17, 2005 at 6:13:51 pm

[Dennis] "On initial launch, I get a QuickTime player looking thing that IDs itself as something like "Media100Black.mov"."

Do you get this error message on starting the 844/X application or on starting up the system? Usually 844/X should not give you QuickTime warnings on startup.

[Dennis] "Then the Media 100 launch begins, after a couple of seconds an error message stating something like: "In use by another application cannot launch-error". Anyway, it's a PC. "

It sounds like QuickTime player or another QT based application is running and accessing the hardware. Quit everything else before starting 844/X.

Return to posts index

ahmed
on Jun 17, 2005 at 6:23:12 pm

this message comes when QuickTime player takes the boards from the 844x,, ,,,,,make sure its realy closed befor attembting to run 844x,and close also the task bar icon ,if you did so and nothing happend goto the system drive and look for the work space file and trach it xxx.wrk, and start the application ,this should resolve the problem ,if not tell me.

Return to posts index

ib
by
on Jul 7, 2005 at 10:15:43 pm

I get the following error message upon trying to start 844/X:

"844/X could not initialize the hardware because it is either being used by another application or is not functioning (error code -10002)."

I made sure QT player wasn't running, closed the QT task bar icon, checked Task Manager --> the problem still occurs.

I located a xxx.wrk file and tried to open it via "Open with... 844/X" --> the problem still occurs.

Do you have any other ideas as to what might help??

Return to posts index

M. Daleo
on Feb 5, 2007 at 3:34:12 pm

844X error code 10002 can not initialize hardware ...
Did you find a solution to this problem? This is my first post to the Creative Cow site so please advise if more info is necessary.
thank you.
M. Daleo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]