on Jun 7, 2005 at 6:22:38 pm

Hello Fellow 844X supporters,

As most 844X

Return to posts index

James
Re: 844/X Redux summary
on Jun 7, 2005 at 7:01:34 pm

Paul,

Thank you for trying this. It's is/was a noble plan but also sad because you and all at Media 100 should had the change to at least finish the job.
Thanks to Optibase this will never happen.

All the best for the future.

Return to posts index

Elliott Dunwody
on Jun 7, 2005 at 7:38:13 pm

What a terrible shame!

Bright Blue Sky Productions
4811 Rivoli Dr
Macon, GA 31210

http://www.brightbluesky.com

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
on Jun 7, 2005 at 10:38:55 pm

[PassePartout] "In particular, thank you John Buck and J

Return to posts index

john buck
844/X Redux Quit
on Jun 8, 2005 at 4:45:53 am

Paul and Co

By my reckoning we have around 70 confirmed interested parties to a very sketchy road map.

I am still getting daily replies to my gmail address that were never reached with a mail out to M100's sloppy DBase. If I ran my edit company based on that approach, well ......I digress

Why not define a clear simplified plan of say 5 extra features to be released and Optibase could came to the party by releasing a partial 3.5 without the Curious extras.

I also dont understand the legal barrier holding OBase from asking Auto Duck to start afresh and complete the OMF/EDL support. Amir (oh and Uzi) you would actually sell new systems
if you could interface with FCP and AVid. Maybe you'd only sell 20 units but 20 less in the warehouse. Please explain fellas.

Paul, I appreciate you trying, I really do.
But I am very surprised, disapointed and somewhat flabbergasted at your quick cave-in

John Buck

p.s. thanks Todd and Joran for the tip of the felt hat but I'm really only trying to do what some people are fearful of doing. YELLING 844 AINT DEAD YET -oops maybe it is :-)

Return to posts index

Robert Griffiths
Re: 844/X Redux Quit
on Jun 8, 2005 at 5:47:07 am

Too bad, too sad... thanks for trying, Paul. Boo-hoo...

Hey!... wait a minute... I gotta go with John on this.

What is inexplicable to me is that Paul is basing this decision on 196 emails that "apparently got through". That is roughly half the number of reported system sales worldwide. Unconfirmed receipt of an email that reached only half the users is a pretty shaky basis for a decision. Paul said that he received 52 replies, but John supplied him with 55 confirmed interested parties (now up to 70). Something doesn't add up. Clearly there is more interest in this moving forward than Paul's survey response would indicate.

If we viewed the results as a "sample" of owner sentiment, then that YES response of 56% could be extrapolated out to over 200 hundred users (based on 400 systems worldwide). That certainly meets the "order of magnitude" requirements to at least take this to the next level... that being a solid, concrete offer and plan for payment. Certainly that could be put together based on the survey you have in hand, Paul. Put that on the table and see what happens.

Paul, you pulled the plug on this too soon. It takes months, not weeks, to garner the grassroots suport you wanted. Granted this has been rumoured for months but no one in their right mind is going to plunk down 2800.00 bucks, upfront... based on a rumour campaign. The "proposed proposal" have only been on the table for 2 weeks. What's the rush? Would it hurt to allow this time to pick up speed?

I encourage everyone to beat the bushes and contact every 844x owner you know and send them Paul's original proposal. If they are even mildly interested have them send their email address to John. Right now he has 70. If we can get that number to 100... AND... Paul puts something solid on the table, this may still work.

BTW, it would be interesting to cross reference Paul's list of respondants and John's list. I'll bet that Paul's entire list is a direct subset of John's. And 196 people somewhere on this planet are scratching their heads wondering what the hell an 844x is and who is this guy Paul. ;-)

G r i f f
-----
R o b e r t G r i f f i t h s , D i r e c t o r
F i r e D a n c e r P r o d u c t i o n s , I n c.
V e r o n a * N e w J e r s e y * U S A

http://www.FireDancer.tv

Return to posts index

J
by
on Jun 8, 2005 at 6:15:05 am

It's sad for all of us, but guess we need to life with it.
Optibase is making a big mistake but they won't what they're flushing away. Against the secret power in the company we can't fight.
It will not astonish me if Avid or Apple has secret stocks in Optibase. All people who I have spoke the last years where thrilled about the system and only a view could/can compare in qualitiy and speed. But where far away in price. Therefore this system needed not be longer being developed.

Plot theory? Perhaps, we will never know.

Thanks Paul for you challenge, thanks all at Media 100 thank you all here at the COW.

Good luck with the future of your own company.

Best,

J

Return to posts index

RobM
by
on Jun 8, 2005 at 5:27:05 pm

[J

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]