FORUMS: list search recent posts

844X/i For sale

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Buck
844X/i For sale
on Apr 6, 2005 at 12:29:17 pm

If you are running an existing 844 and you're happy with what Vers 3.0.4 can do and need another system
to help with workflow but dont want buy a new one from Optibase, drop me a line.

Our on-line room is going in a different direction so here's your chance to scoop up the original boards,
all documentation, BOB, Flying Cow, Adobe AFX 7 and the PC and the drives if you want.

john
http://www.velocite.net
john (at) velocite.net

Return to posts index

Thierry BERNARD
Re: 844X/i For sale
on Apr 6, 2005 at 2:54:44 pm

It seems that's the beginning of the end of the end-users fight.

955 ... the day after

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 6, 2005 at 4:14:54 pm

[John Buck] "here's your chance to scoop up the original boards, all documentation, BOB, Flying Cow, Adobe AFX 7 and the PC and the drives if you want. "

If you have a Copy of Adobe AFX7 I would take it ;-)

Return to posts index

Andrew
on Apr 6, 2005 at 10:14:03 pm

Which direction are you going, John?

Return to posts index

john buck
on Apr 7, 2005 at 2:14:02 am

andrew

i think we will go for a discreet box depending on the NAB announcements as our market,
asia pacific is stronger in that brand than others. it's easier to get operators/artists.

secondly our clients will probably move away from true HD because with federal law changes imminent, broadcasters will use the size of the HD spectrum for multi casting many channels in 'new' HD as algorithms advance.

the need for 'true' HD has already diminshed in our other editing market, tv programming.

I must say i am hugely disappointed that Optibase picked the Mac product to go forward with
- nothing personal to the fantastic Mac team but the 844 was full of potential and FCP and Avid will now slugit out for the hearts and mind sof Mac users.

what are your plans?

john

Return to posts index

marty
on Apr 8, 2005 at 12:46:00 am

and the moves go on... early adopters are either the ones to get burnt or the true adventurers, It was a good system, had its flaws but now time to move on.

all the best with the new path bucky

chars

marty

Return to posts index

lagoon
on Apr 10, 2005 at 7:13:24 pm

if you intend to go the discreet road - don

Return to posts index

john buck
on Apr 10, 2005 at 10:30:02 pm

thanks for the heads up lagoon
and marty - where are you these days? and are u still 844'ing?
jb

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]