FORUMS: list search recent posts

J-K-L not right

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bob Vick
J-K-L not right
on Apr 5, 2005 at 4:49:38 pm

I was editing on the 844 yesterday. Now, I am very new to this machine. Usually I am parked in front of an FCP. My deal here is when I went to use the JKL keys to shuttle, it didn't. The J and L keys put my deck into fast rewind and forward. The K key did a pause/start, same as the space bar. Now this was for controlling a Sony 1800. On the timeline, the keys work just fine. Is there a way to map the keys to control the deck the same as the timeline? I did look through the Sony menu for changes to the deck. Nothing.

b

Bob Vick sr promo guy @ ch3 wwmt tv, kalamazoo, mi

Return to posts index

RCCoblentz
Re: J-K-L not right
on Apr 5, 2005 at 6:21:07 pm

We have the same problems with no solution. We talked to M100 tech a few times as well as posting here with no solution. UVW 1800 settings don't affect it. Neither does using other Sony 422 settings with the VLAN help. Would loev to find a solution with the 844/X for this.

Return to posts index

Todd at UCSB
on Apr 5, 2005 at 6:25:56 pm

Yup,
THis isn't a isolated problem. We have a DVCPro deck with the same thing. For slow shuttling I use the control slider in the window. Not the best, but it works.
I thought it was a deck problem as well, but wass never able to fix it.

I'd like to see it fixed, but it's NOT at the top of my list.

Todd at UCSB
Television Production

Return to posts index

Marion
on Apr 11, 2005 at 1:59:54 pm

This has never worked with the UVW1800. I've spoken to tech support about it many times. I even asked about it when I went down for my training. That time they said it was already fixed in the next release. Then when it wansn't I got a variety of answers including: It should work, it must be your set up, it's not supposed to work that way, it is supposed to work that way but is's not our fault, it is our fault and we're working on it...etc...

This has been at the TOP of my list. It's very difficult to sort through large amounts of material when digitizing without this function....but it doesn't matter much now...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]