FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need some quick help!

COW Forums : Media 100 844/X

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mark in jax
Need some quick help!
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:02:22 pm

Thought this would be easy, but.....

Ditched the media for a job, need to rebuild part of it, thought there was a way to recapture from the timeline a selected area or number of clips but couldn't find it so I recaptured the bin instead. Now I have all of the media in the bin but it won't relink with the timeline! I tried to be cognizant of which clips had audio and which didn't since the batch recapture doesn't prompt you on this. I would have thought that even if a few clips were recaptured wrong I would still have the bulk of them but currently I've got NADA! When I use the relink feature it can't find them even when I point to the correct folder. HELP!

Return to posts index

Floh
Re: Need some quick help!
by
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:04:31 pm

If you want the media to relink to the timeline you have to reacquire the timeline, not the bin. There is no way to relink media to a timeline that was reacquired only from a bin. Either you replace the media clip by clip, or you redigitize the media on the timeline.

Return to posts index

mark in jax
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:10:00 pm

Thanx...and to do that I highlite the clips in the timeline I want to recapture and then use the Batch Recapture under File? Or does it want to recapture the entire timeline? I will say that if you rename the file changing the 2 back to 1 it does see it in the timeline...guess I'll just have to figure out which is quicker!

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:11:28 pm

You e.g. can drag the clips you want to reacquire from the timeline to the batch acquire window.

Return to posts index

mark in jax
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:24:38 pm

ahhh...got it...yea cuz there is no recapture option directly from the timeline that I can see.

Return to posts index

Floh
by
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:26:47 pm

You also can right-click on the timeline in the project window (or select the timeline and bin in the project window and then right-click on one of them) and reacquire everything from there.

Return to posts index

mark in jax
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:35:21 pm

Great tips Floh...and fast too! Thanx a million, you helped me tremendously.

Return to posts index

mark in jax
on Apr 4, 2005 at 6:06:54 pm

Well...figured out what happened...it changed a file number from 1 to 2 on each clip when it recaptured...nice.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]