FORUMS: list search recent posts

Out of synch notification

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ray Butler
Out of synch notification
on Jun 13, 2020 at 7:17:46 pm

I made a solo instrumental video , using interface w mic and camera so no synching required. I am adding some photo images at start of various segments , where the audio is still playing from the video, but the photo image replaces it until several seconds later, when i dissolve it into the vid. Problem is it’s often one or two frames out of synch which is noticeable to fellow musicians. Is there something in final cut that alerts you to this? I heard that other software has this, telling you frames out of synch and possibly auto correcting it?
If i start the instrumental vid at a 0 or so oppacity, and overlay the photo image at near 100%, will this circumvent the need for later synching? The overlay effect where a photo is at 20-25% often works well as a substitute for a green screen look, and depending on the how busy the photo is, colors, and if photo image has some distinct image where it overlays onto,the subject, a landscape type background often is nice. I resorted to the overlays as a means to solve a problem where the video was shot in a room that had sheetrock and spackle only, (multicolors and detracting white splotches. Doing a.Mask is too time comsuming, esp with hands, elbows and head of musician moving constantly, and even a wider mask cutout looks odd.
Thank you. Ray

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]