FORUMS: list search recent posts

Beta SP footage into FCP and Mac

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Allen
Beta SP footage into FCP and Mac
on May 21, 2020 at 9:06:04 pm

I have some old Beta SP tapes that I want to archive. I haven't used Beta Sp since I used FCP 3 on an old G4 Mac. This G4 Mac still works along with the Cinewave card and Cinewave BOB. The problem is the newer external hard drives do not work with the G4 Mac, so I can't digitize the footage and take that Hard drive to a newer mac pro for editing on FCP 7. Is there a way to get the newer HD's to work on both machines? Or can I pull the Cinewave card and BOB and use it on the newer mac pro? I really would like to get this Beta SP footage archived for use in possible future projects.

If I were to need another/newer video card and BOB for the newer mac (actually an older mac pro 3.1, but it still edits fine with FCP 7) would you recommend an aja or blackmagic card and BOB? Which one, I would like to find an inexpensive option since I only need to injest/digitize this Beta SP library once.

Any help and suggestions are welcome. So thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Beta SP footage into FCP and Mac
on May 26, 2020 at 6:58:36 am

How "new" is this newer MacPro? Cheese grater? Trash can? Can't be the new new one, that won't run FCP 7 at all.

USB 3 will work on both. It's backwards compatible to USB 1, and will connect to the trash can MacPro...and to the cheese grater (which has USB 2). BUT...I'd only use it to transport the footage. Get it off onto a faster drive on the other end.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2020 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]