FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut 7 Thumbnail in timeline is tinted red, clip names are highlighted in red

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Christopher Beaver
Final Cut 7 Thumbnail in timeline is tinted red, clip names are highlighted in red
on Mar 16, 2019 at 12:29:28 am

The subject explains the issue fairly well. Some of my thumbnails in the project timeline are tinted red.

Why is that?

Some of the clip names in the timeline are tinted red.

Why is that? Same issue?

I have relinked the clips. They are enabled and rendered and play back. The tint remains. The original file type for the picture clips is Pro Res 422HQ so the clips with and without the tint match.

Many thanks and, as I always say, is there some hidden version of Final Cut 8 lurking around someone's back closet. ☺

Christopher B

Christopher Beaver

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Final Cut 7 Thumbnail in timeline is tinted red, clip names are highlighted in red
on Mar 16, 2019 at 2:21:39 am

I don’t remember how to do, but you need to trash your thumbnail images. When they rebuild they will be fine.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Christopher Beaver
Re: Final Cut 7 Thumbnail in timeline is tinted red, clip names are highlighted in red
on Mar 16, 2019 at 2:26:53 am

Thank you for your response especially for a legacy application. I think I've come across your comments in other threads, maybe even about this same issue. I appreciate your taking the time to respond.

The weird thing is that I have trashed my thumbnail cache several times after quitting Final Cut. Trashed. Emptied trash. Start Final Cut but the tint remains.

I have not yet restarted the computer, however. I'll try that and report back.

Any other thoughts about why some of the audio clip names are highlighted red and others are not?

Thanks once again for responding so quickly.

Christopher

Christopher Beaver

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 16, 2019 at 4:54:11 pm

The obvious consideration would be an application-operating system mismatch.
This is a nine-year-old piece of software we're talking about.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Philip Howe
on Mar 16, 2019 at 2:56:44 pm

I was going to suggest creating a new project with a version name and then importing your bins of clips, graphics and audio - Save to your Projects folder. Close the old project and re-connect all media in your new project, Save All and re-open the original, copy the constructions you’ve made and paste them into the new project. Close the old one and remove it, including the autosave and render folders of the old version (savig to thumbnail or SD card) and the thumbnail folder but then I realised that just junking the thumbnails carrying the dates of your project might well suffice - Render All and Save All completing the job.
Sorry for “long widedness”.
But additionally there is a Preference pertaining to Optimised Media that didn’t always deal exactly as expected - check how your’s is set.
Best of luck.
It’s still fine software.

philip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]