FORUMS: list search recent posts

Converting DV/DVCPRO 50 clips to Apple Prores

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Doug Jones
Converting DV/DVCPRO 50 clips to Apple Prores
on Oct 8, 2018 at 10:53:01 pm

Hi all:

I'm hoping some Finals Cut Pro genius can help me.

I have been uploading archival video clips to Shutterstock successfully for months. The codec of my clips is DV/DVCPRO 50. My Final Cut Pro is Studio 7

Suddenly this month Shutterstock quit accepting this codec. I cannot figure out how to convert my 720x480 clips to a codec they will accept. They listed about a dozen acceptable codecs, but most were Apple Prores 422 HQ or LT or 4444

When I try to export one of my 720x480 DV/DVCPRO 50 clips to any of the Apple Prores options, the export fails with an error message. Any suggestion how I might be able to convert/export these clips and continue my uploads with Shutterstock?

Shutterstock's "contributor care" department has been non-responsive. I am halfway through uploading 15,000 clips. 7,000 are uploaded and online and now I am stopped and cannot continue to upload the remaining 8,000 clips. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

Doug

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Converting DV/DVCPRO 50 clips to Apple Prores
on Oct 9, 2018 at 1:21:17 am

Apple Compressor should be able to do it, and in batches. As I recall, don't do any more than about 10 at a time or it goes south.

But it IS better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Doug Jones
on Oct 12, 2018 at 9:06:10 pm

Hi Dave:
Thanks for your suggestion on using compressor to get the convert DVPro50 to Apple ProresHQ. Unfortunately I have never used Compressor before and it is a pretty complex piece of software. I am at the stage where I have learned how to add the clips, I have created a Shutterstock ftp destination but when I try to submit it says One or more jobs do not have a source media file assigned - yet when I go to the top tabs, Job > source > file it shows the clips and I select them as the source, yet I still get the same error message. Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Doug

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Oct 9, 2018 at 4:15:07 am

"the export fails with an error message"

what are you using to export?
i would suggest DaVinci Resolve.
it's free, and good at doing batch exports.
Mpeg Streamclip is also free, and good at batches.

nick

Return to posts index

Mark Suszko
on Oct 9, 2018 at 3:35:13 pm

To add to the good suggestions here, FFmpeg now has a GUI front end; for a few bucks, it will replace mpeg streamclip in cases where your OS upgrade kills that app. But I'd first go with batch converts in Compressor, if you already have that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]