FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP7 Crash during Export, Mavericks (10.9.5) Newly installed Hard Drive

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Derrick Schweizer
FCP7 Crash during Export, Mavericks (10.9.5) Newly installed Hard Drive
on Sep 19, 2018 at 1:13:36 am

Alright, This is a absolute nightmare. I've had problems when I went to Mavericks 5+(ish) years ago, but through forum sifting and LOTS of trouble shooting I had it running fine in the mean time. Long Story short the S.M.A.R.T. status on my HDD was failing and I had to replace it. Not a problem. I found a guy who did it and put Mavericks back on so I could just use my time machine backup. FCP7 and motion work fine... except when I go to export.They get about halfway before crashing and I've gotten varying degrees of crash reports but all generally say:

Exception Type: EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00000000d0458d11

I can post more of the report if you'd like. I've tried the usual suspects trashing prefs, running disk utility (on external too). I want there to be a fix, I'm even running digital rebellion giving me feedback on the crash reports. I've just been digging... Is there something I don't know about hardware that could have caused this? The drive that he put in here is a 1TB from a 2013 iMac. Mine is an early 2009 model (with updated RAM). Does anyone know anything before I start posting crash reports? I appreciate any help I can get, these threads have always been a tremendous help.

Thank you,
Derrick

Return to posts index

Warren Eig
Re: FCP7 Crash during Export, Mavericks (10.9.5) Newly installed Hard Drive
on Sep 19, 2018 at 3:58:29 pm

I've never had luck with using time machine to reinstall programs. Save yourself the hassle and reinstall the FCP suite from the original install disks.

Warren Eig
O 310-470-0905

email: info@babyboompictures.com
Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/babyboompictures

For Camera Accessories - Monitors and Batteries

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Sep 22, 2018 at 9:38:31 am

some questions:
is your timeline full rendered?
is there some media in your timeline (around the halfway mark) that could be causing FCP to struggle, and crash?
I'm thinking large image files.

i has some rather large image files in a project a year or so ago,
and had the same problem, crashing on export.
even when they were rendered!

i took that section into another FCP project, which was much smaller and simpler,
and i was able to render and export from that one,
then i brought that new export into the original project, and laid it over the problem section,
and i was able to export again.
phew ☺

nick

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Sep 22, 2018 at 11:12:07 pm

Have you heard the term, "Snow Leopard"? I recommend installing it and then installing Final Cut Suite.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]