FORUMS: list search recent posts

Accidental File Move

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Joe McAdam
Accidental File Move
on Jul 24, 2018 at 7:59:37 pm

Hi
I'm a FCP beginner, so please bear with me...
I was working on a large project in FCP and decided to move it all to an external drive as it was at 74gb. Being an idiot and not knowing the proper way to relocate files within FCP, I simply copied the complete project folder to the external and deleted the original from my Mac (Air). Going into the external, I discovered the file wasn't there for some reason. In a panic, I restored it from Trash back within its original location on the Mac drive.
Now, when I open the event in FCP, all the imported clips are gone, as is everything in the final cut (is the term 'generated clips'?). I put in a lot of hours/days on this; lots of colour correction, light effects, timing to music. 28 mins long and I can't believe all the work has been lost.
When I open the folders within the project, it seems everything is there; imported media etc. 74gb.
I've attached a capture of the file contents in the hope that someone could tell me if a folder is missing or if anything is wrong in general. I put the folder (DB LIVE) exactly where it was was previously (on the Mac). I just don't know why it isn't reaching FCP. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm on FCP10.4 btw.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Accidental File Move
on Jul 25, 2018 at 5:14:56 am

Try the FCPX forum - https://forums.creativecow.net/fcpx.

This one is for Legacy FCP7. I have no idea how to reconnect in X

Return to posts index

Joe McAdam
on Jul 25, 2018 at 8:13:18 am

Thanks, Michael.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Jul 31, 2018 at 4:02:45 am

Dope.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe McAdam
on Jul 31, 2018 at 9:22:07 am

Thanks for the constructive input, Dave.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Aug 5, 2018 at 8:02:58 pm

You know, there is such a thing as "thinking ahead'. Apparently you still need to develop that skill.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Joe McAdam
on Aug 5, 2018 at 8:46:26 pm

Dave, if you have no helpful advice for a beginner, stop being an arse and say nothing.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]