FORUMS: list search recent posts

Export FCE Project Files to FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Betian
Export FCE Project Files to FCP7
on Jun 24, 2018 at 10:12:58 pm

Hi guys. I've been using FCE on my old Mac Minis since at 2009, but have to drop FCE in favor of FCPX which is not a bad thing. My newest Mini (purchased 2010) is dying rapidly and FCE won't run on my new iMac. I'm TOLD by Apple that I can export FCE files to FCPX through FCP 7 and then import into FCPX. I'm looking to get confirmation of that from the folks that have FCP7 and have experience importing FCE project files. If it works, I want to either buy a copy of FCP7 or pay someone to export my FCE files to FCP7. Comments?
Thanks! Dan

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
Re: Export FCE Project Files to FCP7
on Jun 25, 2018 at 2:25:32 pm

you can't import directly an fcp7 to x. SendToX (http://intelligentassistance.com/sendtox.html)

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

Dan Betian
on Jun 25, 2018 at 3:37:58 pm

Thanks for the response. This could be a 'chicken and the egg' thing. It sounds like your recommendation is to use SENDTOX for the FCP7 to FCPX. I'll check into that. Any insight or experience in bringing FCE files into FCP7? Before I can move FCP7 files to FCPX, I have to get the FCE files into FCP7.
Thanks! Dan

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
on Jun 25, 2018 at 5:33:45 pm

SendtoX is the only way to migrate directly from fcp7 to fcpx, otherwise you can use resolve (FCP7 TO RESOLVE TO FCPX) but is a little bit complicated. I remember that a couple of time in the past i opened a fcpexpress project to fcp7 without issue. if you need i have a copy of fcp7 and i can translate your sequence to xml. let me kow

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]