FORUMS: list search recent posts

Motion 4 - after applying "Match Move" , manual keyframing in XY & Z is not stable

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philip Hendel
Motion 4 - after applying "Match Move" , manual keyframing in XY & Z is not stable
on Jun 6, 2018 at 1:15:24 pm

Hi

I am new to Motion 4 but it seems to be very powerful and pretty straight forward.

I think I am having a beginner's problem using "Match Move" and keyframes for XY & Scale (Z) to place a "mask" over some rubbish in a forest

What I have is a clip with a 2 second section of camera shake + a small zoom in the middle. The camera also pans as it follows an animal

the Behavior "Analyze Motion" can generate 2 tracks, which seem to be good, but because of the pan I have to use an "offset" in each one.

The problem I am having is that when I "keyframe" for X,Y,& Z where small corrections are needed, I find that adjustments I make at one end of the clip are also affecting the other end.

This is happening particularly with "positioning" of the Y-axis, but also happens with "scale".

For now I have abandoned trying to include the "scale & rotation" feature in "Match Move" and am only using "position". Besides XY adjustments with keyframes here and there I would like to also do manual scaling

This has become a vicious circle, correcting the XY "position" in the first half of the clip also moves previously made "keyframed" corrections in the second part.

I suspect I am missing a simple step

Any suggestions would be appreciated as this is beginning to feel like being trapped in a time-loop or perhaps in a Catch-22,

Philip

(The site of the small zoom seems to be the point in the clip around which changes on one end begin to translate to the other half of the clip)

(( I also wondered if the "offset"s may be part of the problem as both track1 & track2 have rather long ones but they are not in the same areas)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]