FORUMS: list search recent posts

in FCP6 when opening viewer clip from timeline viewer is white until play is hit then clip appears and plays

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randall Johannes
in FCP6 when opening viewer clip from timeline viewer is white until play is hit then clip appears and plays
on Mar 9, 2018 at 4:21:34 pm

This hasn't happened to me before. When I opened Final Cut and my final project appeared in the time line all looked normal until I double clicked a clip in the timeline to open it in the viewer but it didn't open. The viewer was white. It wasn't until I hit play and the playhead moved did the video appear but when I stopped the playhead the viewer became white again. When I click on the the viewer screen then a tiny box of the clip appears as long as I hold the left click button down. When I release the click button the tiny clip dissappears. Does any one know what I can do to solve this problem?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: in FCP6 when opening viewer clip from timeline viewer is white until play is hit then clip appears and plays
on Mar 9, 2018 at 4:42:18 pm

#15 White or Black Canvas or Viewer

Shane's Stock Answer #15: White or Black Canvas or Viewer

Make sure the canvas or viewer are selected then go to VIEW>CHANNELS and set it to RGB. It might be set to ALPHA.

OR...

Click on the drop down menu above the Viewer or Canvas and make sure that you are on IMAGE or IMAGE + WIREFRAME.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Randall Johannes
Re: in FCP6 when opening viewer clip from timeline viewer is white until play is hit then clip appears and plays
on Mar 9, 2018 at 4:47:54 pm

Thanks Shane, changing alpa to RGB was the problem. I'm not sure how this was changed to alpha.
Have a great day and thanks for the quick response.
Thanks again, Randy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Mar 9, 2018 at 7:54:24 pm

My Stock Answers are still relevant! Good thing too, I knew I had one, but forgot what the solutions might be...

Cheers!

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Mar 10, 2018 at 7:47:38 am

[Randall Johannes] " I'm not sure how this was changed to alpha."

you had the viewer selected, and you hit Shift W.
just one of those things...

nick

Return to posts index

Andy Field
on Mar 12, 2018 at 5:30:34 pm

FCP 6???? Are you a time traveler from the distant past?

Andy Field
FieldVision Productions
N. Bethesda, Maryland 20852

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 14, 2018 at 2:41:10 am

You would be astounded by the number of Apple Forever freaks remain in the world who refuse to let go of the pasr.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]