FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to capture Canon HV30 into FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
raju bhai
how to capture Canon HV30 into FCP7
on Jan 28, 2018 at 5:52:37 am

I connected Canon HV30 to macbook running yosemite. FCP7 works great on my computer, however, it is not capturing video from HV30. The video was recorded in HDV, and i set FCP7 to capture in HDV and firewire NTSC basic.
but not working
please help, thanks

Return to posts index

raju bhai
Re: how to capture Canon HV30 into FCP7
on Jan 28, 2018 at 6:02:31 am

also, on the HV30, i recoded in standard HDV, (not the HDV30 or HDV24 options). in the manual it doesn't tell u what frame rate standard HD is. anybody know? all i know is that it's 1080i. It is not capturing and on FCP log and capture there are options for 1080i50 and 1080i60, for instance, but no where can i tell what the fame rate of my HV30 footage is.

Return to posts index

John Rofrano
on Jan 28, 2018 at 6:10:33 pm

[raju bhai] "also, on the HV30, i recoded in standard HDV, (not the HDV30 or HDV24 options). in the manual it doesn't tell u what frame rate standard HD is. anybody know?"
The Canon HV30 normally shoots 1080i60.

~jr

http://www.johnrofrano.com
http://www.vasstsoftware.com

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 28, 2018 at 11:46:48 pm

When the tape is playing you should be able to display info that shows the frame rate. Also if it is the same camera that shot the footage, check what the frame rate was set to in the camera menu. Chances are it will be the same unless you change frame rates on that camera.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 29, 2018 at 7:46:49 pm

What computer are you running? And how are you connecting the camera to the computer? What, if any, adapters are you using? That might interfere. Also, and OS after the one FCP 7 was last officially supported on (10.6.8) risks parts of the application not working properly. So, sure, you can edit and do lots of things, but perhaps capture no longer functions properly. Just a thought...it's a possibiliyt

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

raju bhai
on Jan 31, 2018 at 12:26:19 am

I'm on a late 2008 macbook running Yosemite. FCP7 works perfectly fine, haven't had any issues at all and i've been doing really complex editing and effects, no problems. I didn't think about the possibility that log and capture might be the only feature that wouldn't work when running FCP on Yosemite.

I'm connecting the HV30 directly to the macbook via firewire cable, no adapters.

If this is the issue and there is no solution to getting FCP7 to recognize the HV30, i wonder what other alternatives i have to get the footage from mini-dv tape onto my macbook. I don't have iMOVIE. I do have Adobe Premier although i've never used it. But when i launched Premier to try to capture the footage that way, it didn't seem to have an HDV option.

Any ideas?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Jan 31, 2018 at 10:50:31 pm

Have you tried tried trashing preferences? I've heard of firewire issues being fixed by the good old trash & restore.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]