FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP 7 playing sluggish

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
Chris Woods
FCP 7 playing sluggish
on Dec 24, 2017 at 11:45:24 pm

I've been using Final Cut Pro since version 1. And I've been using FCP 7 for about nine years on the same computer. But recently I noticed a sluggish to it and it was working smoothly for years. I have recently updated the OS to 10.11.16 and upgraded my memory to 16 GB. I have a Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009). Not sure if it is a bug when I updated my OS or when I installed the memory. But it was fine all this time and even when I open up previous projects that I did before the upgrade the timeline and video are playing sluggish. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: FCP 7 playing sluggish
on Dec 25, 2017 at 12:29:32 am

Hey Chris!

Were you able to install all the FCP updates after the initial install? And, did you do all the OS updates after that install?

I know El Cap does work, cuz I had it working when last I used FCP.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Chris Woods
on Dec 26, 2017 at 6:54:08 pm

Thanks Dave! Yeah I did all the updates when I first installed FCP 7, which was back in 2010. I haven't done any other updated for the OS since I upgraded it in October. But I'll see if there are any. FCP 7 works fine and I can still edit, it is just very sluggish then it was before I updated my OS and I installed more memory.

Return to posts index

John Heagy
on Dec 28, 2017 at 4:50:12 pm

We have been running FCP7 on 10.12.6 all year and our users commented that it felt "snappier" then ever. The only issues we've seen crop up in 10.11 is you can't have the waveform scopes open when rendering as it will render everything whether it needs it or not. In 10.12 you can't have the Aja control panel app open because it will cause a delay when playing the timeline or source window.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]