FORUMS: list search recent posts

captions/subtitles in FCP7

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sheila Hayman
captions/subtitles in FCP7
on Nov 10, 2017 at 8:31:11 pm

Hello
I have been happily working in FCP7 for several years. Suddenly, now, when I make a slug with text, the text doesn't show up, though it is fleetingly visible in some cases when I spool back and forth. Nothing shows up in playback. Any ideas what can be wrong, please?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: captions/subtitles in FCP7
on Nov 10, 2017 at 11:55:13 pm

Slug with text? Sorry, not sure what that is. I know of the text tool, and the Boris Title 3D...using one of those?

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 12, 2017 at 1:18:39 am

When things get weird in FCP it;s time to trash your preferences.

you'll have to re-set them of course... who wants to go back to only 10 undo's for instance?

this helps:
https://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

nick

Return to posts index

Sheila Hayman
on Nov 14, 2017 at 3:21:08 pm

Hello Nick

Unfortunately my computer won't accept the 'preference manager' software - it says it's not from an Apple registered developer. I am completely baffled by this happening and a bit distraught, because I really need to add these captions as a matter of urgency. Can you possibly guide me how to 'trash my preferences' without this software? REally sorry to bother you but would be so grateful for any help.
Thanks!

xS

Return to posts index

Sheila Hayman
on Nov 14, 2017 at 3:35:12 pm

So - I've managed to download and apply preferences manager, emptied trash - problem is still the same. No matter which project I open, the captions come up with a green line over them , so I render them, and there's nothing there.

This is a severely disabling issue so I would really appreciate any help from any quarter! THanks

XS

Return to posts index

Nick Meyers
on Nov 14, 2017 at 9:19:08 pm

what sort of media are you working with?
h264?
FCP doesn't like that.

nick

Return to posts index

Sheila Hayman
on Nov 15, 2017 at 8:06:58 am

No it's the same ProRes rushes I always work with.
I have discovered I can make it work by using the text tab under the Effects menu - just not the one under the viewer window, Why? Who knows. FCP bug maybe. At least I have found a way to get the captions in. Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]