<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Brearley
Freeze / corrupted frames using Motion sequence in FCP 7
on Aug 24, 2017 at 1:45:41 pm

Mac Os Sierra 10.12.4
Final Cut Pro 7.0.3
Motion 5.3.2

Hi everyone,

I've been having several seemingly related issues working with different types of clips in my FCP timeline (1080p / H.264 / 25fps). I need to create some simple visual "chapter markers" in the timeline of 5 seconds each, they are still shots.

First I tried to create them in Photoshop (CS6) and import them with transparency to see the footage in the background, but after trying as .tif and various other formats, when I saw the results after exporting the timeline I eventually gave up.

I recreated them in Motion and exported them as 1080p / H.264 / 25fps .movs and dropped them into the timeline. When I export the timeline, the few frames running up to the clip the screen flickers, or goes grey or dark green (depending on whether I view is as a preview, QT player or QT player 7.

I've tried to make sure all the settings match but I just cannot get it to play without some sort of corruption or freezing for a few frames. It seems to be ok at the other end of the clip, going back to the footage.

Any advice or pointers would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dan

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Freeze / corrupted frames using Motion sequence in FCP 7
on Aug 24, 2017 at 2:46:12 pm

DO NOT use H.264 in FCP!!!! Never!

Always use ProRes. If you have an alpha channel use ProRes 4444.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Dan Brearley
Re: Freeze / corrupted frames using Motion sequence in FCP 7
on Aug 24, 2017 at 4:54:58 pm

Many thanks Dave. I'm going to print that out large and stick it on my wall. 😇

I think I may have learned that the hard way before but I was confused when I saw the sequence setting was H.264. I've changed it all over now.

Thanks again!

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]