FORUMS: list search recent posts

Final Cut Pro 7 and Zoom H5 Not Syncing

COW Forums : Apple Final Cut Pro Legacy

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rebecca Barnes
Final Cut Pro 7 and Zoom H5 Not Syncing
on Aug 22, 2017 at 9:52:48 pm

Hi there,

I'm attempting to fix a problem with my Zoom H5. Please note that I'm really new at this!

I bought this Zoom H5 and a great mic, hoping to finally have good sound, but the audio starts drifting out of sync at around 3 minutes into a video clip once it's in Final Cut Pro 7.

I'm recording the audio onto the Zoom (onto a 32gb SD card), and the video onto my Canon 650D (onto another 32gb SD card)

The Zoom audio is 48khz, 16 bit. The Zoom makes .wav files.

The 650D video is 25fps, 1920 x 1080.

I click file, import, for both files in Final Cut. I drag the video file onto a sequence, which changes the sequence settings to match the video.

Then I drag the audio files under the video on the sequence, and manually sync it. Everything matches up fine at the start, and then it goes out of sync by the end of the clip.

Please note that I'm looking for a solution that will still allow me to export at 25fps, as this weekend I have a filmmaking competition that requires that as a final output.

Can anyone help?

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and Zoom H5 Not Syncing
on Aug 23, 2017 at 12:23:24 am

https://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/8/1188747

Common problem over the past decade. Search sync drift.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Final Cut Pro 7 and Zoom H5 Not Syncing
on Aug 24, 2017 at 2:43:17 pm

...and PLEASE remember to transcode the video to ProRes 422 before you cut. For reasons that should be plain as the nose on your face.

Dave LaRonde
Promotion Producer
KGAN (CBS) & KFXA (Fox) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]